7th January 2011
Sonokinetic has released Maasai, a Kontakt-based library of genuine original field-recorded ethnic music. The intelligent scripting and use of the Kontakt sample format makes this sample pool of live performed music and dance fit right in compositions and production. Emmy award winning composer (of the CBS tv Series "Survivor") Russ Landau and Sonokinetic dive into the world of ancient African music.
Sprung from ancient traditions and rituals, African music has captured the souls and spirits of millions of people since the dawn of time. These deep roots of the origin of music are found best on the original motherland of the human race. Recorded on location deep within the Kenyan tribal village communities we discovered an unprecedented rich culture of rhythms and songs, and chants. Scraping the surface of this vast cultural heritage Russ Landau and Sonokinetic invested in producing a collection of samples that are unmatched in authenticity, realism, power and beauty.
- 1 instrument patch containing: Vocals collection (Males, Females, Children and combinations) Tribe Ensemble performances (instrument & vocals combined) Instruments (ensembles & groups) Drums & Percussion Composition (By Russ Landau).
- 1 instrument for Kontakt 4.1 and higher with 3 tab screens.
- Main View, Effects and Convolutions, and a credits tab.
- Convolution reverb applied to the multi instrument to represent the original acoustic space.
- 4 impulses available.
- Clickable IR sphere design knob.
- Dynamic sample loading & purging for efficient memory usage -Customizable instrument grouping and mapping.
- 570+ sampled looped samples. (1,89 GB sample content) Collection Specifications: Vocals: (Boys & Girls Choir Umoja, Boys Village Choir, Female Village Choir, Kombe Choir, Maasai Hunting Chant, Maasai Male Singing, Male Village Choir, Shaman Singing, Girls Choir, Zulu Chant) Tribe Ensembles: Kenyan Village music, Basoa, Hamuna, Lamawase, Momabassa Females, Momabassa Solo, Momabassa wind instruments, Momabassa Sung, Slum Kids Choir, Tribal singing,Weyambolo, Yesawe, Zambewe, Behi Vox and Drums Drums & Percussion: Drum loops, Shabone No Vox, Swining Conga, Enigma Drum, Drumloop solo, Mombassa, Village Percussion, Instruments: Horn & Percussion combination, Abu Flute, Kambanane, Kambanane Large, Turkana Horn, Turkana Horn and Drums Compositions: BalaBala, Mosamba, Okoppi, Samawa (by Russ Landau).
- Sample selector allows you to browse through the full sample pool without loading new patches.
- Raw authentic sound from musicians.
- Loops are perfectly zero-crossed looped.
- Speed knob along with a quick remap function Vocal FX", an exclusive one of a kind original recording of different Sephardic style vocal effects.
- 24 bit wave format.
- 3 Hut/Houses and one Jungle canopy.
- IR Interface installers for Mac, PC and manual instructions.
- All files in 44.1 kHz 24 Bit Wave Programmed from Kontakt 4.1 and up (64bit).
The cost is €59.90.
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt
30 Oct 2012 Sonokinetic offers 30% Halloween Discount
13 Oct 2012 Sonokinetic releases "Bagpipes" for Kontakt
18 Jun 2013 Sounds And Effects The New World is On Sale
16 Jun 2013 Standard Beat Co. "No Class" 30% Off Summer Sale
12 Jun 2013 Save 30% on Bluegrass Banjo by BolderSounds
02 Jun 2013 8Dio releases "EDM Trap" for Kontakt
25 May 2013 Ilya Efimov releases "Classic Bass" for Kontakt