Sonoma Wire Works has announced the GuitarJack Model 2 audio interface that connects a wide range of instruments, microphones, and other audio hardware to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs.
GuitarJack Model 2 offers stereo recording and simultaneous voice and instrument recording, 60 dB of continuous level control, configurable Pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes, and increased drive for headphones. GuitarJack Model 2 is compatible with iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad, and iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation).
FourTrack, StudioTrack, TaylorEQ and the new GuitarTone Apps include the GuitarJack control panel, where users can select an input and set the input/recording level. GuitarJack provides an input/output solution for third party amp models, tuners and recording apps.
GuitarJack Hardware Features:
- 1/4 inch (6.5 mm) instrument input: nickel-plated solid brass Switchcraft (10,000 MTBF) jack.
- 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) stereo mic/line input (no phantom power is provided).
- 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) stereo headphone/line output with increased drive for headphones.
- Dock connector designed for use without removing most cases.
- Sleek and rugged aluminium shell.
GuitarJack Software Features: (Control Panel Included in FourTrack, StudioTrack, TaylorEQ and GuitarTone):
- Level Control:
- 60 dB of continuous level control.
- Input Modes:
- Instrument (1/4 inch): mono (Pad, Lo-Z or Hi-Z mode).
- Mic/Line (1/8 inch): mono, dual-mono or stereo (Pad, Normal or Boost mode).
- Both inputs: Mic/Line input on left channel and Instrument on right channel.
- GuitarTone and TaylorEQ Apps are available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- Additional Amps and Effects ($19.98 value) enabled in GuitarTone.
- FourTrack and StudioTrack Apps while GuitarJack is connected.
GuitarJack Model 2 is available at the introductory price of $149 and will ship in 4-6 weeks.