Sonoma Wire Works, maker of the FourTrack recording app for iOS, has announced the GuitarJack audio device. GuitarJack connects a wide range of instruments, microphones, and other audio hardware to iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS* and iPhone 3G* via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs.
Sonoma Wire Works is also developing the TaylorEQ app for the GuitarJack. The free TaylorEQ app will allow Taylor Guitar players to hear and adjust the tone of their guitars playing through the GuitarJack using EQ settings custom designed by Taylor Guitars.
GuitarJack will be priced at $199 MSRP. GuitarJack and TaylorEQ are scheduled to ship in Q3 2010. Pricing and availability subject to change.
- 1/4 inch instrument input with configurable pad, Lo-Z and Hi-Z modes.
- 1/8 inch stereo mic/line input with pad, normal and boost modes.
- Each input has 60dB of continuous level control.
- 1/8 inch stereo output with increased drive for headphones.
- Sleek and rugged metal shell.
- 30 pin connector compatible only with iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G.
GuitarJack controls in FourTrack allow recording in these modes:
- Instrument (1/4 inch) mono.
- Mic/Line (1/8 inch) mono, dual-mono or stereo.
- Both inputs, with the instrument input and the mic/line input (right channel) recording to separate tracks.
* Not Apple certified on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G - iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G will display the following message: "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone. Would you like to turn on airplane mode to reduce audio interference? You will not be able to make or receive calls." Sonoma Wire Works recommends that you turn on airplane mode whenever recording on an iPhone. Not compatible with iPhone 4 or iPad.
19 Nov 2013 Sonoma Wire Works announces DrumCore 4
12 Oct 2011 Sonoma Wireworks releases "GuitarTone" for iOS