Sonoma Wire Works, creators of the FourTrack iOS app and the Mobile Audio Product Interaction (MAPI) Program, has released the AudioCopy/AudioPaste Software Development Kit v1.2 for iOS audio app developers.
Apps that support AudioCopy/AudioPaste now include a pasteboard history of up to 12 items with audio previews. Users can make up to 12 copies of audio, then launch an AudioPaste app, and paste from any of those 12 copies. The AudioCopy/AudioPaste pasteboard includes meta data such as tempo, file format, name of app copied from, duration, and more.
Forty apps from fifteen publishers have implemented AudioCopy and/or AudioPaste and more are coming soon. The AudioCopy AudioPaste SDK code license is free, downloadable, and includes source code, optional UI, instructions, a license agreement, an example app, and a link to a demo video to help developers implement the features into their apps easily.
Some of the 40 AudioCopy and/or AudioPaste Compatible Apps Include:
- FourTrack, StudioTrack, and InstantDrummers in a variety of styles by Sonoma Wire Works.
- Recorder , DopplerPad and VOX 3000 by Retronyms.
- MorphWiz by Jordan Rudess of Wizdom Music, LLC.
- Compressor, Equalizer, Reverb, AudioView, Reforge and AudioForge by Tibor Horvath.
- Looptastic Producer, Looptastic HD, and studio.HD (soon) by Sound Trends.
- BassLine by Finger.
- DrumTrack8 by Simple is Beautiful.
- Monle by Ochen K.
- Thumbjam by Sonosaurus.
- Jasuto Pro by Chris Wolfe.
- Guitar, iShred, and PianoStudio by Frontier Design Group.
- Everyday Looper by Mancing Dolecules.
- Beat Vibe for iPad by Tiv Audio.
- Hexaphone by Impressario Digital.
- Report-It Enterprise Edition by Tieline.
Many more AudioCopy/AudioPaste apps are in development. Apps that support the AudioCopy/AudioPaste pasteboard can now access the general pasteboard as well, which allows them to share audio with even more apps (audio preview and meta data are not possible with the general pasteboard).