9th September 2010
Sonoma Wire Works recently launched the HigginsPack DrummerPack for DrumCore.
Terence Higgins, drummer for The Dirty Dozen Brass Band, brings DrumCore users unique New Orleans marching style drum loops, variations, fills and drumkit sounds with a dash of hip hop, funk, R&B, and soul. Higgins says this DrummerPack is "guaranteed to add a little grease to your tracks."
HigginsPack was recorded by the original Submersible Music team, and was pre-configured by them with metadata for use with the DrumCore search engine, which will help you find content based on feel (straight, shuffle, etc.), time signature, tempo and other criteria. Songwriter-friendly "GrooveSets" group related beats, variations and fills to serve as a construction kit for song creation. All audio is 48kHz/24-bit and created in a pro studio using digital (ProTools HD3) and analog (Neumann, Neve, etc.) recording equipment.
HigginsPack includes 3.5GB of content including 7 DrumKits (24 pads each) that match 7 GrooveSets (360 audio loops, 427 audio fills, 97 MIDI loops and 41 MIDI fills).
- Bourbon Street Strut - A traditional slice of New Orleans march. Intricate rolled snares with some bouncing toms thrown in for good measure. 70 - 130 BPM.
- Dirty Dumpster - A trashy, choppy breakbeat groove with funky snare work and sloppy hats. Great for Hip Hop. 70 - 120 BPM.
- Fix The Levee - Funky rhythms played on a poppy kit. Sounds great at the faster tempos. 70 - 130 BPM.
- Go Go Grease - Upbeat and swingy, this groove is perfect for multiple genres including Pop, Hip Hop, and R&B. 70 - 120 BPM.
- Nolafied - A laid back, funky breakbeat that only "The Big Easy" could provide. 70 - 130 BPM.
- Swampburn - Thick and murky Nawlins' march beats. Snare heavy with some great tom sections. 70 - 130 BPM.
- Zigawho - Another funky beat with some great snare variations. Start and Stop breakdowns and splashy cymbals. 60 - 110 BPM.