29th February 2012
Sony has updated Vegas Pro 11 to Build 594/595.
Notable fixes/changes in version 11.0 (Build 594/595)
- Improved support for the Sony XDCAM Professional Media Station (XDS) devices.
- Added the ability to render 28 Mbps constant bit rate MainConcept AVC format.
- Added the ability to drag FX packages to video track headers.
- Made double-clicking the horizontal scrollbar in the effect property page zoom out as in the main timeline.
- Fixed incorrect output that could occur when using GPU-accelerated Pan/Crop with rotation on large still images.
- Fixed incorrect output for Clock Wipe when in 32-bit floating-point video mode without GPU acceleration.
- Fixed incorrect alpha channel for Glow when running without GPU acceleration.
- Fixed incorrect output for Fill Light when in 32-bit floating point video mode without GPU acceleration.
- Fixed an issue that prevented HDV print to tape from functioning.
- Fixed an issue that prevented rendered HDV from being used as smart render source.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent rendering to VCD format using MainConcept MPEG-1 format.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the Sony AVC format from rendering 5.1 surround audio.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent certain QuickTime files from displaying on an external monitor during Trimmer playback.
- Fixed the ability to render to QuickTime format using the MPEG-4 Low Complexity AAC audio codec.
- Fixed an instability that could occur when using 10-bit uncompressed YUV sources with GPU-accelerated video processing on some NVIDIA GPUs.
- Fixed an issue that could cause jumping in stabilized media if the project being loaded used a different frame rate than the previous project.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an FX automation envelope to control the wrong effect when working with plug-ins in the Mixing Console.
- Fixed the ability to set a custom metronome sound.
- Fixed pixel aspect ratio handling with the GPU-accelerated Linear Blur effect.
- Fixed alpha-channel handling in the GPU-accelerated Levels effect.
- Fixed alpha channel handling in the GPU-accelerated HSL Adjust effect.
- Fixed the text background for the GPU-accelerated Timecode to use solid black instead of transparent alpha.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the GPU-accelerated White Balance effect to create colors slightly off.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using certain third-party compositor plug-ins if there was an audio track directly below the video track with the compositor.
- Fixed the default preset for the Timecode effect to be lower-right.
- Fixed crashes that could occur in the Titles & Text generator.
- GPU-accelerated Cookie Cutter and Page Loop are causing issues with the latest AMD OpenCL drivers (Catalyst 11.12 and 12.1) so we are no longer processing these with the GPU on that platform. We will restore these to use GPU processing after the driver is fixed.