19th January 2007
Sony has announced the launch of the Audio Units and VST versions of the Oxford plug-ins range (previously only available for Pro Tools and Powercore).
Three Audio Units Universal Binary versions are expected to ship imminently, (EQ, Dynamics and Limiter) with the remaining four plug-ins, along with VST versions following early in 2007.
The complete Sony Oxford Plug-ins range:
- Oxford EQ
- Oxford Dynamics
- Oxford Inflator
- Oxford Transient Modulator
- Oxford Reverb
- Oxford Restoration Tools
- Oxford Limiter
Oxford EQ - £200
The Oxford EQ plug-in is based on the OXF-R3 EQ section. It is a fully functional 5-band application with selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections. Additionally, separate variable slope low pass and high pass filters are provided. The EQ also features 4 different selectable EQ types that cover most of the EQ styles currently popular amongst professional users, including some legacy styles which are renowned for their artistic capability.
- Five band parametric design.
- Selectable shelf settings on LF and HF sections LF and HF Filters providing up to 36dB/Octave slope.
- Four selectable EQ types.
- Fully decramped HF response.
- Support for sample rates up to and including 192kHz.
- Fully automatable (including separate automation for A and B settings).
- Includes six plugins in total for optimal DSP usage (Mono and Stereo versions of EQ, Filters, and EQ and Filters).
Oxford Dynamics - £200
The Oxford Dynamics plug-in is modeled on the extremely flexible and capable unit used in the OXF-R3 professional mixing console. Resulting from many years research into professional dynamics applications, it offers separate Compress, Limit, Expand, Gate and side chain EQ functions, with full independent control of all parameters.
Features such as selectable time constant curves and variable soft compress functions allow the user to confidently tackle all common uses of compression, from subtle unobtrusive level control and mastering functions to the production of great artistic effects. The use of a feed-forward architecture with logarithmic side chain processing, making use of look-ahead techniques, ensures exemplary sonic characteristics and dynamic accuracy.
- Channel Dynamics with separately controlled sections for Compressor, Limiter, Gate and Expander.
- Channel Dynamics includes fully featured 2 Band side chain EQ which can also be used in signal path.
- Separate Bus Compressor / Limiter with surround multi-format support and selectable Sub channel filtering and gain contribution control.
- Selectable linear and exponential time constant curves.
- Highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing.
- Fully variable soft ratio function for extreme programme tolerance and highly musical compression.
- Variable harmonic enhancement for extra loudness, presence and 'punch'.
- Selectable re-dithering function for word length reduction in mastering situations.
- Extremely low signal path noise and distortion, below -130dBr.
- All functions are fully automated.
Oxford Limiter - £195
The Oxford Limiter has been developed from decades of professional audio experience to provide a very high degree of quality and facility in programme loudness control and limiting functions. By employing highly accurate logarithmic side chain processing, along with innovative adaptive timing functionality using look ahead signal acquisition, the limiter provides exemplary performance, whether one is seeking general transparent level control, programme loudness maximisation or heavily applied artistic sound effects.
Unique processing in the form of the Enhance function provides the sample value limiting needed to reliably avoid overloads in digital workstation environments and allows volume and punch to be applied to programme beyond that available from conventional limiting functions.
Comprehensive metering is provided which displays not only conventional peak sample value, but additionally allows the user to monitor the true validity of the programme in order to avoid the generation of damaging reconstruction overloads in the target equipment which are often invisible during production (sometimes termed 'inter sample peaks').
A further function allows the user to dynamically correct for reconstruction overloads in real time, thereby achieving maximum possible modulation levels without the risks of producing illegal signals often associated with compression and limiting.
Comprehensive dithering functionality with selectable and variable depth noise shaping ensures first class mastering output quality in either 24 bit or 16 bit modes.
- Unique Enhance section – provides sample value limiting and enhances perceived loudness.
- Ability to add harmonic distortion, where artistic style requires.
- Variable soft knee control.
- Attack and Release controls.
- Reconstruction Meter shows 'actual' signal rather than sampled signal.
- Auto compensate feature – corrects recon errors without losing overall programme loudness.
- 16 and 24 bit dithering with 5 selectable types.
- User has control over variable depth noise shaping.
- 16 presets – some quite extreme.
04 Jan 2013 Sonnox TransMod 40% Off Until January 31, 2013
03 Dec 2012 40% Off Sonnox Oxford Limiter in December
23 Nov 2012 50% off Sonnox bundles in the Black Friday Sale
25 Aug 2011 Sonnox updates Oxford R3 EQ AU to v1.1.0
02 Jun 2011 Sonnox releases Fraunhofer Pro-Codec plug-in
19 Jan 2011 Sonnox announces "Fraunhofer Pro-Codec" plug-in
04 Aug 2010 Sonnox announces Summer Madness Sale
11 Mar 2010 Sonnox updates Oxford Series (Mac VST & RTAS)
30 Nov 2009 Sonnox releases Sonnox Restore
12 Nov 2009 Sonnox updates Oxford Limiter AU to v1.1.0