Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro to v10.0d
9th May 2011
9th May 2011
Sony Creative Software has updated Vegas Pro to version 10.0d.
Notable fixes/changes in Version 10.0d:
- Added support for.MVC (multiview video coding) file format, used by Sony HDR-TD10 camcorders.
- Added support for.MPO (multiple picture object) file format, used by Sony Cyber-shot 3D Sweep Panorama feature as well as other 3D still cameras.
- Added autodetection of the 3D format used by Sony 3D Bloggie HD cameras.
- Added support for burning a Blu-ray 3D Disc from the timeline (Tools > Burn Disc > Blu-ray Disc). This feature is intended for commercial BD-ROM preparation testing.
- Added support for reading HDCAM SR files (requires a CPU with SSE2 support).
- Improved performance of reading MXF media over network.
- Added XDCAM Explorer support for reading UDF-formatted SxS media from the Sony XDCAM PMW-500 camera.
- GPU-accelerated AVC encoding support expanded to AMD. In addition to the existing nVidia CUDA support, Vegas Pro 10.0d adds support for users with AMD ATI graphics chipsets that support OpenCL to use the Sony AVC encoder for faster project rendering.
- NVIDIA GPUs: GPU-accelerated AVC rendering requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and NVIDIA driver 185.xx or later with a GeForce GT 2xx Series or newer GPU. For more information about CUDA-enabled GPUs, please see this article.
- ATI GPUs: OpenCL GPU-accelerated rendering requires an OpenCL-enabled ATI GPU and AMD Radeon Catalyst driver 11.2 or later with an ATI Radeon HD 57xx or newer GPU (please see Known Issues regarding an incompatibility with driver versions 11.3 and 11.4). If using an ATI FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.773 or later is required. For more information about OpenCL-enabled GPUs, please see see this article.
- NOTE: GPU-accelerated rendering performance will vary depending on your specific hardware configuration. If you have an older CPU and a newer GPU, rendering using the GPU may improve render times.
- Added support for reading ATSC and SCTE closed captions in MPEG-2 video.
- Added support for non-drop timecode when importing or exporting.SCC closed captioning files.
- Added ruler offset to exported.SCC closed captioning files.
- Removed extra space characters from exported.SCC closed captioning files.
- Improved detection of Line 21 closed captioning that is outside of the specification by a small amount.
- Improved method for writing extended characters for closed captioning.
- Added mute and solo functionality for track groups.
- Added support for reading and writing deeper color depths using CineForm codec.
- Added support for rendering multichannel audio to QuickTime format.
- Fixed transition progress envelopes to work with OFX transitions.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when removing an OFX plug-in during playback.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while loading certain projects with paired stereoscopic 3D media.
- Fixed a crash when the Stereoscopic 3D Adjust plug-in was added to a track while External Control was enabled.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when adding certain AVC files to the Trimmer.
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the Mixing Console when setting the output of an Input Bus to Off.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when clearing the Trimmer history while using certain file types.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening a new project while the Video Output FX dialog was open.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when playing and undoing media added to timeline.
- Fixed a crash that could occur using NewBlueFX Video Essentials 2 (non-OFX).
- Fixed a crash that could occur when capturing 10-bit, 720p HD SDI video.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when building a dynamic RAM preview with certain video plug-ins.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when smart rendering certain MPEG-2 files to MXF format.
- Fixed an issue closing audio and MIDI ports when not the active application (if preference is enabled).
- Fixed Timecode plug-in time value when applied as Media FX.
- Fixed an issue using Audio Event FX with ACID stretch properties.
- Fixed an issue in the Mixing Console with changing outputs on the surround master bus.
- Fixed an issue that could cause OFX keyframes to move when changing the project frame rate.
- Fixed an audio glitch that could occur with envelope segments that were many hours long.
- Fixed the ability to select an output bus from the shortcut menu of an audio track.
- Fixed Selectively Prerender Video for 3D projects.
- Fixed an issue with pasting effects or transitions from another instance of Vegas Pro.
- Fixed an issue with video effect packages that could cause a crash or effects to not be listed.
Other Related News
07 Aug 2014 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro 11 for Windows to Build 29323 Jul 2014 Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 13 to Build 37330 Apr 2014 Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 13 to Build 31029 Apr 2014 Sony updates ACID Music Studio 10.0 to Build 10811 Apr 2014 Sony announces Vegas Pro 13 - Introduces Mobile Companion iPad App, Loudness Meters, and Proxy-First Workflow28 Feb 2014 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v188.8.131.5228 Jan 2014 Sony releases Sound Forge Pro Mac 2 and updates SpectraLayers Pro for Mac & Win to v2.105 Dec 2013 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v1.0.2628 Nov 2013 Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 12 to Build 77019 Nov 2013 Sony Creative Software updates SpectraLayers Pro to v2.0.2231 Oct 2013 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro 11 for Windows to Build 27210 Sep 2013 Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 12 to Build 71026 Jul 2013 Sony releases "Sound Forge Pro 11" for Win and "SpectraLayers Pro 2" for Mac & Win09 Apr 2013 Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 12 to Build 56309 Apr 2013 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v1.0.2320 Dec 2012 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v1.0.2229 Nov 2012 #KVRDeal Expired Sony Creative Software Holiday Promotion - 25% off nearly everything21 Nov 2012 Sony announces new editing suites for Vegas Pro and Movie Studio Platinum14 Nov 2012 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v1.0.2105 Nov 2012 Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 12 to Build 394