14th April 2010
Sony Creative Software has updated its nonlinear HD video and audio editing (NLE) application Vegas Pro to v9.0d. The updated software now features superior closed captioning support for broadcast editors, in addition to multi-layer PSD file support and timeline burning to DVD for enhanced editing flexibility and efficiency for creative professionals.
"As professional video editing workflows are in constant evolution, the Vegas Pro 9.0d software update provides new tools that allow editors to efficiently produce outstanding results across a wide range of targeted delivery platforms and formats," said Dave Chaimson, vice-president of global marketing for Sony Creative Software. "With the significant additions of closed captioning support, enhanced PSD support and timeline burning to DVD, along with enhancements to the Device Explorer, Vegas Pro 9.0d software provides maximum user control for creative production."
Vegas Pro 9.0d Feature Highlights:
- Closed Captioning Support: All new closed captioning support in Vegas Pro 9.0d provides broadcast editors with a workflow that enables the importing, editing, and exporting of CEA-608 captioned data in high definition Sony XDCAM MXF material.
- Multi-layer Adobe Photoshop Document (PSD) Support: Multi-layer PSD support in Vegas 9.0d provides a highly flexible model for professionals to quickly create complex animation and professional results from a single PSD image. This new feature enables more creative compositing when working with PSD files by providing individual control over the separate file layers.
- Enhanced Device Explorer Support: Improvements to the device explorer in Vegas Pro 9.0d significantly increase support for additional cameras and devices, including hard disk and memory recording devices. The extra support provides customers with a more powerful and adaptable system for unparalleled video editing.
- Burn Timeline to DVD: Timeline burning to DVD, like the current Vegas Pro "Burn to Blu-ray" process, allows editors a more seamless final output method for their video editing projects.
- PreSonus FaderPort Control Surface Driver Support: The PreSonus FaderPort control surface offers additional flexibility for controlling and automating Vegas Pro 9.0d via hardware other than mouse and keyboard. The touch-sensitive device is perfect for controlling volume and pan parameters, as well as play, stop, start transport functionality and managing markers for fast and easy audio and video editing.
09 Apr 2013 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v1.0.23
20 Dec 2012 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v1.0.22
14 Nov 2012 Sony updates Sound Forge Pro Mac to v1.0.21
03 May 2012 Sony updates Vegas Pro 11 to Build 682/683
29 Feb 2012 Sony updates Vegas Pro 11 to Build 594/595
28 Oct 2011 Sony releases Vegas Pro 11
13 Apr 2011 Sony Creative Software announces Vegas Pro 10.0d
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic releases Pro-Convert
05 Oct 2007 Cakewalk announces Sonar 7 Crossgrade Pricing