12th March 2014
Sound Dusts says that GrandThrift autoHarp² is "what happens when you mate a tiny autoharp with a full sized grand piano. She's an impossible hybrid instrument with four different string layers that create unique piano-ish, plucky, autoharpy sounds."
GrandThrift autoHarp² is a free update for previous users and adds many new features to the original version.
- 4 different sound articulations:
- picked autoharp.
- palm muted autoharp.
- binaural autoharp.
- binaural plucked grand piano.
- Multisampled with up to 4 velocity levels.
- Advanced architecture with automatable control of volume, octave tuning, pan, volume envelope, tremolo and delay per voice.
- 69 specially created convolution reverb impulses recorded from real spaces, expensive hardware, and some less obvious sources including a Roland Space Echo, Lexicon reverb and the stage of Glyndebourne opera house.
- Leslie effect, cabinet modelling and morphing EQ.
- Selectable and adjustable release group.
- Round robin sample swapping for extra realism.
- MIDI timing jitter for even more realism.
- 19 "starter" presets in Kontakt 4 and 5 format.
- A handwritten manual.
GrandThrift autoHarp² comes in Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5 flavours and is available from www.sound-dust.co.uk