SoundHack has released FreeSound Bundle v5.1, a collection of five free plugins for Mac OS X Universal Binary and Windows XP in VST, AU and RTAS formats. This collection was developed by Tom Erbe as a series of signal processing examples for his music technology classes at UC San Diego.
This is essentially the same as the AU release of last year, but numerous bugs have been fixed (esp. in +compand), and VST, RTAS and Windows support have been added.
The five plugins are:
- +chebyshev - a plugin which uses chebyshev polynomials to add odd or even harmonic distortion.
- +compand - a combination compressor/expander with RMS and peak detection, soft knee and makeup gain.
- +decimate - a bitcrusher and subsampling plugin for decimation and aliasing noise.
- +matrix - an MS matrix for decoding mid-side recordings and for matrixed effect techniques.
- +phasescope - a gonioscope for observing stereo phase, with an integrated bit meter.