Soundiron has released Fountain Wires, an experimental tuned percussion library that captures the sound of thick braided steel strings under high tension strung between steel beams in a concrete and water feature surrounded environment.
This 853 MB library includes the original plucked articulations, as well as post-processed and manipulated re-synthesized articulations that provide punchy lead instruments, distorted guitar-like tones, undulating soundscapes, complex organ and e-piano elements, thumping bass notes and a wide variety of other musical and useful creative content.
All of it is wrapped up in a customizable performance control system, with multi-layer sound design tools, ADSR and tonal sound shaping, arpeggiation sequencing and a multi-effects rack panel with compression, amp & speaker simulation, flanger, chorus, phaser, delay, EQ, resonant filter and convolution reverb that includes dozens of custom rooms and special FX impulses to choose from.
The library is programmed for the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 and later and comes equipped with a custom user interface that provides real-time automation control and customization.
- 13 Instrument Presets with 31 selectable articulations.
- 6 Tuned Plucked String Percussion Articulations each with 12x RR.
- 12 Tuned Plucked Hybrid acoustic-source re-synthesized lead & FX sound sets.
- 13 ambient, atmospheric, tonal pad and environmental sustains.
- Multi-layered sound creation tools.
- Custom key-mapping control panel pop-up window.
- Arpeggiation step-sequencer and roll-simulator control panel pop-up window.
- 229 Samples (standard PCM wav).
- 13 .nki files K5.1+ (open format).
- 853 MB installed.
- 24-bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 5.1+ .nki and PCM .wav.
- Free Kontakt Player not supported.
- PDF user manual
Price: $15 intro offer (MSRP $20 after November 22nd, 2013).
Demo MP3s: soundcloud.com/soundiron/sets/fountain-wires