Soundiron has announced the release of Olympus Micro Choir, a compact, playable male/female symphonic choir for Kontakt that includes selected content from Soundiron's comprehensive Mars and Venus divisi choir libraries. This 80MB virtual choral instrument contains 56 samples and 20 presets and is priced at $9.99.
Olympus Micro was designed to offer a taste of the sound and features that the combined Olympus Symphonic Collection offers, but it can also serve as a basic tool set for those who just need a basic high-quality, live-sounding choir with fully automatable control features.
The interface includes real-time control over dynamic intensity, tempo, sample playback start position, attack shape, release sample decay time and volume and simulated 3-part polyphonic legato transitions. These integrated control systems allow the creation of new phonetic combinations, pure Oo vowel sustains and staccatos. Custom 5.1 mixes are even supported with the help of special cathedral presets and banks that allow multi-channel output routing.
Olympus Micro features:
- Full Men's and Women's divisi sections, with extended note ranges.
- 100BPM Latin "Dominum" Poly-sustain w/ infinite loop and release samples.
- Use the Offset control to skip ahead and isolate the sustaining "Oo" vowels.
- Use the Offset, Attack & Release controls to simulate short staccato notes.
- Swell control allows real-time dynamic performance shaping.
- Independent Release decay timing and Release Volume controls.
- Simulated 3-part polyphonic legato with interval speed and pitch bend control.
- Bonus cathedral convolution presets simulate a far mic position.
- Bonus Special FX presets for creating atmospheric pads and soundscapes.
- Combo NKM multi-instrument banks for custom mixing and output routing.
- Kontakt 5 TM Pro tempo-syncing supported.
- Customers who order Olympus Micro receive a credit toward an upgrade to the full version of the Olympus Symphonic Choral Collection.
- 56 samples.
- 80 MB Installed.
- 16 nki and 4 nkm Kontakt instrument presets.
- 24 bit / 48kHz stereo PCM wav format.
- Open format to allow user customization.
- Format(s): Kontakt 4 & 5 .nki and .wav.
Note: This product requires the full retail version of Kontakt 4.2.4 or later. Kontakt 5.0.2 or later required in order to use all TM Pro tempo-syncing ("TS") presets. The free Kontakt Player does not support Olympus Micro Choir.
04 Nov 2013 Soundiron Releases Sick IV for Kontakt 5
21 Feb 2013 Soundiron releases The Musique Box for Kontakt
16 Apr 2014 FrozenPlain sale - 30% off all Kontakt Libraries
10 Apr 2014 Sample Logic releases new TryPack for Kontakt