14th December 2013
Soundiron has released Voice of Rapture: The Tenor, the next entry in the "Voice of Rapture" solo vocal series for Kontakt. This library focuses on the Tenor, and features a wide range of fully playable chromatic content as well as hundreds of live performance phrases.
Performed by Brian Thorsett, this 8.9 GB library was recorded dry in a studio booth with two different microphones (cardioid and condenser) each has independent volume and stereo panning controls. The chromatic content includes 3 sustaining True Legato vowels, Ah (F) w/vibrato, Ah (p) w/o vibrato and Oo (p). Also available are 23 multi-syllable staccato phrases and a dozen Latin sustaining chants, all with full tempo-syncing, time-stretching and synchronized legato. 6 non-vibrato sustains (Ah, Ee, Eh, Mm, Oh & Oo) and 5 sustains with vibrato (Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh & Oo) are also included. The chromatic content is rounded out by Ah and Oo vowel staccatos, each with dynamic velocity-based layering and multiple round robin variations.
The live performance phrases were recorded in the keys of A#, C, D, E, F#, and G# (with both major and minor variants) at root tempos of 80 & 100 BPM. All phrases feature full tempo-syncing and time-stretching capabilities through the custom user interface. Phrases are divided into four categories: Latin (based on the Angelic Salutation), French (based on a poem by René-François Sully-Prudhomme), vowel and a special selection of melodic humming phrases. All live performance phrases can be used in the advanced Phrase Sequencer which allows for per-step start and end markers, and pitch transposition for increased flexibility.
Voice of Rapture: The Tenor includes a variety of vocal effects ranging from breaths to whispered sustains and more. Bonus vocal ambiences, atmospheres, and pads created from the source material are also available.
The library is programmed for the full version of Native Instruments Kontakt 5.1 and later and comes equipped with a custom user interface that provides real-time automation control and customization.
- 2 Independent Microphones (cardioid and condenser).
- 31 Instrument Presets.
- 3 True Legato vowels (Ah F, Ah p, and Oo p) with speed control.
- 6 sustaining vowels without vibrato (piano) : Ah, Ee, Eh, Mm, Oh and Oo.
- 5 sustaining vowels w/vibrato (forte) : Ah, Ee, Eh, Oh and Oo.
- 23 Multi-syllable staccato phrases with tempo-syncing, time-stretching and synchronized legato.
- 12 Latin poly-syllabic sustaining chants with tempo-syncing, time-stretching and synchronized legato.
- French, Latin, and pure vowel live performance phrases with tempo-syncing/time-stretching, shaping, legato blending and pattern sequencing.
- Special Humming melodic phrases.
- Advanced Phrase Sequencer allows for per-step start and end markers, and pitch transposition.
- Whispers, breaths, warm-ups and other vocal effects.
- Real-time user interface including full FX Rack.
- 11,168 Samples (standard PCM wav).
- 31.nki files K5.1+ (open format).
- 8.9 BB installed.
- 24-bit / 48kHz mono PCM wav format.
- Format(s): Kontakt 5.1+ .nki and PCM .wav.
- Free Kontakt Player not supported.
- PDF user manual
Price: $99 intro offer (MSRP $139 after December 25th, 2013).