13th March 2009
Soundlib has announced the release of G-Player, the first native "Giga player" for Mac OS X. G-Player was designed to play the large orchestral sound libraries and supports disk streaming, dimensions, keyswitches and layered instruments.
- No conversion required: Save time and disk space, G-Player plays directly all your Giga sound libraries without any conversion. Complex features such as dimensions, keyswitches and layered instruments are natively supported.
- Disk Streaming: Only the initial portion of each sample is loaded into the computer's memory, while the rest of the sample is streamed from the hard disk. This allows you to play instruments that are larger than the available memory.
- Easy Parameter Editing: The most commonly used sample parameters are directly accessible on the main window. For example, you can decrease or increase the release time of all the samples with just one knob.
- 24-bit Support: G-Player can play and stream 24-bit sample libraries and uses a 32-bit floating point audio engine.
- Memory Management: To reduce memory usage, all instances of G-Player will share the allocated resources and samples. If two G-Player instances use the same sample, it will only be loaded once.
- Multi-Layer crossfade: G-Player can play layered instruments with up to 8 layers of crossfade. Each layer's crossfade is defined by 4 points which precisely determine the fade in and fade out segments. This feature is used by the most prestigious Giga sound libraries and is natively supported by G-Player.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $129, G-Player is available for Mac OS X in Audio Unit and VST instrument plug-in formats. It is also available as a multi-instrument standalone application. A demo version is available for download.
30 Jan 2014 Soundlib updates G-Player to v2.0.5
14 Mar 2013 Save $40 on Soundlib G-Player 2.0
11 Mar 2010 Soundlib updates G-Player to v18.104.22.168
17 Feb 2010 Soundlib updates G-Player to v22.214.171.124
03 Feb 2010 Soundlib updates G-Player to v1.2.1
25 Aug 2009 Soundlib updates G-Player to v1.1.3
11 May 2009 Soundlib updates G-Player to v1.1
13 Mar 2009 Soundlib releases G-Player - Giga player for Mac
21 Feb 2008 CDXtract releases Samplit v1.3
19 Oct 2005 CDxtract releases Samplit v1.0.6
21 Sep 2005 CDxtract releases Samplit
07 Jul 2011 Les Productions Zvon offers Summer Bundles
11 Jun 2011 A visit backstage at the Beatles LOVE Show
13 Oct 2009 Chicken Systems releases Instrument Manager