SPC Plugins has released Gater-Pro, a stereo trance gate VST plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X with swing, variable gate shapes and switchable rate.
Gater-Pro has been designed from scratch to suit real-time operation or MIDI automation. There are four different methods of cutting the gating in and out; Gate width can be reduced to 0% to cut the sound completely or increased to 100% to cut the gating completely; all the gates can be turned on or off with one button and the pattern rates include bypass.
- Stereo gate patterns with 16 steps or "linked" gate patterns with 32 steps.
- Three adjustable gate shapes: Gate, Ramp and Trapezoid.
- Gate width variable from 0-100 %.
- Ramp variable from falling to rising.
- Trapezoid variable from 100 % gate to triangle.
- Swing -99 to +99 %. Greater control resolution around zero.
- Seven rates, including bypass (for cutting the effect in and out with one control): bypass, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, 1/64 and 1/128.
- MIDI controller learn.
- "Freewheel" - pattern continues if host sequencer stops.
- 64-bit audio processing.