30th October 2009
Spectrasonics has announced the release of its long-awaited Trilian Total Bass Module, an epic new virtual instrument dedicated to all types of Bass sounds - Acoustic, Electric and Synth.
Trilian is designed from the ground up to be the most versatile bass virtual instrument available today with a new level of expressive, real-time performance for acoustic and electric basses - plus cutting-edge synth bass tones with powerful editing and extraordinary sound quality.
Trilian is the successor to Spectrasonics' Trilogy bass instrument, with the new instrument offering a deeper control of musical expression and much greater flexibility of sound shaping. Trilian's 34GB library is 10-times the size of Trilogy and features all new acoustic, electric and synth basses. With its comprehensive design, Trilian brings many different types of bass together into one virtual instrument. Trilian has an MSRP of $299 / €229. An upgrade for all Trilogy customers is available from the online Spectrasonics Techshop.
Powered by next generation STEAM Engine technology, Trilian is the first instrument to feature core library integration with Spectrasonics flagship Omnisphere synthesizer - allowing Trilian's sounds to be used within the Omnisphere environment for further sound design and keyboard/bass splits.
"At Spectrasonics, we've always loved Bass sounds." notes Eric Persing, Founder and Creative Director. "When we started 15 years ago, our very first product was the best-selling Bass Legends sample library. Then in 2002, we introduced Trilogy - the world's first Bass Virtual Instrument. Today, we are very pleased to release Trilian, which represents a whole new generation of our Bass development. Trilian is built on the STEAM Engine that powers Omnisphere, which has allowed us to create the most expressive and flexible Bass module we've ever made."
The new acoustic and electric basses in Trilian are sampled at an extremely high level of detail. The combination of the software's intuitive, automatic selection of legato and release articulations as the user plays - and the extensive 'Round-Robin' variations introduced for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes - create a more dynamic and subtle playing experience. Newly developed multisampled dynamic slides let notes realistically slide from one to another. Each of the new basses feature multi-channel mixing between phase-locked microphone/amplifier and direct outputs of each bass.
Over sixty different 4, 5, 6 and 8 string Electric basses are presented in fingered, picked, fretless, slapped, tapped, and muted technique variations - providing a huge variety of sounds for any musical genre. Highlights of the new Electric Basses include a Music Man 5-string Studio Bass, Chapman Stick, Lakland Rock P-Bass, Clean Fender Jazz Bass, a Hardcore Rock Bass, a Retro 1960's Epiphone Viola Bass and much more.
Trilian's new Acoustic Bass is the most detailed instrument Spectrasonics has ever released, with 4 audio channels and over 21,000 samples to create this single instrument.
For Synth sounds, Trilian features newly-developed 4-Pole "Juicy" and "Power" Filter algorithms with oscillating resonance that are ideal for electronic bass. Hundreds of synth soundsources were created using over 30 of the most exotic and coveted hardware synthesizers - from the original Moog Taurus Pedals to the latest boutique analog modular synthesizers. A multitude of extremely powerful editing controls are available for sound design - including the "FlexMod" modulation system, Dual Filters with more than 19 filter types, 6 multistage looping envelopes, 6 full-featured LFOs, dual morphing modulation, modulatable FX racks and much more.
Trilian's FX racks include all of the FX processors from Omnisphere and Stylus RMX - including a wide variety of amp and speaker models, distortions, dynamics processors, equalizers, chorus, phasers, flangers, delays, reverbs, unique specialty FX and more.
As Spectrasonics' next-generation bass instrument, Trilian includes enhanced, remastered versions of Trilogy's core library - taking it to a new level of sound and expression. As a special bonus, Spectrasonics' original "Bass Legends" multisamples have also been remastered and included in the Trilian library, featuring Marcus Miller, John Patitucci, and Abraham Laboriel (bass sounds which some hardware synth users may remember from popular Roland Xpansion boards and the classic MBD-1 rack bass module).
Trilian is the first virtual instrument to feature core library integration with Spectrasonics award-winning, flagship Omnisphere synthesizer. Trilian's complete sound library can be opened within Omnisphere for further synthesis and expanded performance possibilities.
Trilian's Arpeggiator features the "Groove Lock" technology Spectrasonics pioneered in Omnisphere and Stylus RMX's Time Designer - which means that with a simple drag and drop action, the feel of bass patterns created with Trilian's Arpeggiator can be perfectly synchronized between all three of Spectrasonics instruments.
The new Custom Controls interface on the Main page of each patch brings out the most useful and interesting sound modification controls for that specific patch, and a single control can even modify numerous parameters to create unique FX. The Custom Controls are all MIDI Learnable, Automatable and users can create their own configurations of Custom Controls.
Trilian is cross-platform compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.9 and higher as a native Universal Binary for Intel-Macs and Macintosh G5, and also with Windows 7/Vista and XP SP2 and later. 32-bit Audio Units, VST, and RTAS plug-in formats are supported for compatibility with all major host software. Trilian is currently available with 64-bit native support on Windows, and 64-bit native Mac OSX support is in development.
Trilian is now shipping, and the MSRP is $299 / €229. All Trilogy customers can upgrade to Trilian for $99. There is also a special FREE upgrade offer for original Trilogy customers on the Intel-Mac platform and for original customers who purchased Trilogy in 2009. Upgrades are available exclusively through the Spectrasonics online Techshop.
Highlights of Trilian:
- Trilian is the long-awaited successor to the award-winning Trilogy software plug-in.
- Vast 34GB Core Library with a huge variety of Bass sounds for all types of music production.
- Electric Basses include all types of techniques: Fingered, Picked, Fretless, Slapped, Tapped, Muted.
- Omnisphere library integration: use any of the Trilian sounds inside Omnisphere (Omnisphere version 1.1 or higher required for Trilian library integration).
- Designed for expressive, real-time performance - Trilian's new sounds feature: Intuitive, automatic selection of legato and release articulations Extensive 'Round-Robin' articulations for natural sounding bass lines with repeated notes Multisampled dynamic slides - realistically slide from one note to another Multi-channel mixing between Microphone/Amplifier and Direct outputs of each bass.
- Arpeggiator with Groove Lock for instant bass line syncing to any RMX groove or MIDI file.
- Integrated FX racks, including all 32 effects from Omnisphere.
- High Definition streaming sample playback STEAM engine technology.
- 8-part multi-timbrality allows multiple articulations in a single plug-in - with instant, seamless key-switching.
- Live/Stack Modes allow user configurable key/velocity/controller articulation mapping and switching.
- Custom Controls page for rapid editing of essential controls and interface customization per patch.
- State of the art Browser with Searching, Attributes/Tags, Images.
- Edit page offers powerful sound manipulation features: dual filters, advanced envelopes and full modulation.
- Expandable sound architecture allows user customizable patches and new Bass sounds.
- BONUS: Includes classic 'Bass Legends' multisamples - featuring Abraham Laboriel, John Patitucci & Marcus Miller.
17 Feb 2011 Spectrasonics releases Omnisphere v1.5
29 Jun 2010 Spectrasonics updates Stylus RMX to v1.9.4d
04 Dec 2009 Spectrasonics updates Stylus RMX to v1.9.2d
05 Nov 2009 Spectrasonics updates Trilian to v1.1.3c
12 Feb 2014 Audiority releases Omnisphere Cinematic II
28 Nov 2013 Audiority introduces Hybrid Bundles series
07 Nov 2013 Audiority releases Omnisphere Cinematic
11 Oct 2013 The Unfinished releases Omnisphere Horizon III