22nd March 2012
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Albion v2.0, a major update to the Kontakt Player-powered "Epic Cinematic Tools" sample library. In this update you can find various fixes and improvements, including:
- Solo Mic option removed – CMD/CTRL clicking a mic position now solos that mic.
- Sample start offset option functionality for all short patches.
- Load/Save ability added to ostinatum.
- Transpose typo on the main panel fixed.
- Transpose offset of blue keys is now shown in the Kontakt visual keyboard.
- RR reset now overlays the blue notes and is always visible.
- RR reset no longer affects sustain/legato patches.
- Ostinatum remembers the articulation type keyswitch.
- V1V2 and VC Ostinatum patches rebuilt for tightness and more consistent sound.
- Brass Hi Longs rebuilt for tighter tuning.
- Brass Hi Shorts rebuilt for tighter tuning and timing.
Spitfire Audio has also announced the first upgrade pack for Albion which will be made available to download in approximately 2 months time. Albion V3 will feature not only improved functionality but also a raft of totally new content, including:
- Albion Orchestra: All new "Mid Brass" featuring a fantastic French Horn and Trombone section.
- Mixed Ensembles: Devoted patches to reduce crossover voicing spikes in the previously released ensemble Multis.
- Darwin Cymbals: The most monstrous collection of surround cymbal ensembles you've ever heard.
- Brunel Loops: 10 All new loops / instruments including Hamster Cage and Traffic Cone.
- Stephenson's Steam Band: Reverses and Transitions.
This new content and added functionality – which has so far taken 6 months to program – will be available to Albion users absolutely free.