22nd March 2012
Spitfire Audio has announced the release of Albion v2.0, a major update to the Kontakt Player-powered "Epic Cinematic Tools" sample library. In this update you can find various fixes and improvements, including:
- Solo Mic option removed – CMD/CTRL clicking a mic position now solos that mic.
- Sample start offset option functionality for all short patches.
- Load/Save ability added to ostinatum.
- Transpose typo on the main panel fixed.
- Transpose offset of blue keys is now shown in the Kontakt visual keyboard.
- RR reset now overlays the blue notes and is always visible.
- RR reset no longer affects sustain/legato patches.
- Ostinatum remembers the articulation type keyswitch.
- V1V2 and VC Ostinatum patches rebuilt for tightness and more consistent sound.
- Brass Hi Longs rebuilt for tighter tuning.
- Brass Hi Shorts rebuilt for tighter tuning and timing.
Spitfire Audio has also announced the first upgrade pack for Albion which will be made available to download in approximately 2 months time. Albion V3 will feature not only improved functionality but also a raft of totally new content, including:
- Albion Orchestra: All new "Mid Brass" featuring a fantastic French Horn and Trombone section.
- Mixed Ensembles: Devoted patches to reduce crossover voicing spikes in the previously released ensemble Multis.
- Darwin Cymbals: The most monstrous collection of surround cymbal ensembles you've ever heard.
- Brunel Loops: 10 All new loops / instruments including Hamster Cage and Traffic Cone.
- Stephenson's Steam Band: Reverses and Transitions.
This new content and added functionality – which has so far taken 6 months to program – will be available to Albion users absolutely free.
15 Apr 2013 Spitfire Audio announces Hg2O for Kontakt
22 May 2013 Samplephonics releases the 909 Rhythm Composer
15 May 2013 Sonokinetic releases "Accordion" for Kontakt