SPL has announced that it will be launching five new products at Musikmesse 2010, including a new Analog Code plug-in: DrumXchanger. If you are going to Musikmesse, you can visit the SPL booth and take a look (B 82 in Hall 5.1).
DrumXchanger optimizes or replaces drum sounds in a mix. Based upon SPL's proprietary Transient Designer technology, it can replace drum sounds in multitrack sessions irrespective of their level - DrumXchanger replaces samples phase-accurately in the original signal.
DrumXchanger uses the Transient Designer technology for drum hit recognition rather than sound creation. Hence, all drum hits, including the faintest ghost notes, are faithfully recognized regardless of their dynamic level. The samples can be mixed with the original sound and there is also a ducking function available, which only reduces the level of the original drum hit itself without affecting the ambience around it.
Two Transient Designers included
Besides the basic functions to process the original and sample signals, DrumXchanger includes two fully operational Transient Designer processors, as well as high-pass and low-pass filters for the original, sampled and output signals. All samples can be pitch-shifted one octave above or below in real time, while a delay control allows precise sample replacement.
SPL includes a basic library with high-quality 24 bit/96 kHz samples. The library, created exclusively with SPL's preamps and processors, includes three drum kits with one snare, one bass drum and four toms each. Every multisample is made up of up to 80 sounds in sixteen dynamic levels and five variations. Furthermore, users have the possibility to load their own WAV samples; the creation and import of multisamples, as well as the implementation of MIDI (In/Out) capabilities, are in the planning.
Pricing & Availability
DrumXchanger will be available for a recommended retail price of $449 (€299), excl. VAT. The native version includes RTAS, VST, VST 3 and AU support for Mac OS X and Windows. As part of the product launch campaign, SPL is planning to offer some special deals, which include discounts to owners of the Transient Designer plug-in. Availability of the final version has not yet been determined. A Beta Version will be released at Musikmesse (which starts tomorrow - March 24).
The other four new products (hardware):
- M/S Master: M/S management processor.
- Transpressor: The ultimate dynamic processor.
- RackPack 4: RackPack frame for four modules.
- Dual-Band De-Esser: RackPack module against sibilance.
- Fully adjustable separation of L/R signals into middle/side signals.
- Frequency filter for bass and room ambience control.
- Stereo width control.
- Inserts for external processors. Switch your outboard from stereo to M/S processing – with a single button and without cabling.
- Transient Designer & Twin Core Compressor.
- Both modules can be used in any order.
- Transient processing starts at the limits of compression, e. g. to emphasize dynamic structures in spite of compression.
- RackPack 4.
- Mounting frame & power supply for up to four modules.
- Compact, portable and more affordable.
- Lateral handle, fitting system for a 19-inch rack included.
New RackPack module: Dual-Band De-Esser:
- Kicks "S" with phase cancellation technique.
- Extremely sound-neutral.
- Increased effectiveness and targeted processing with high and low band.
- Auto-Threshold keeps processing level constant even at varying microphone distances.
- Male/Female mode perfectly adapts to male or female voices.