SPL has announced the release of DrumXchanger. Based upon SPL's proprietary Transient Designer technology, it can replace drum sounds in multitrack sessions irrespective of their level - DrumXchanger replaces samples phase-accurately in the original signal.
DrumXchanger uses the Transient Designer technology for drum hit recognition rather than sound creation. Hence, all drum hits, including the faintest ghost notes, are faithfully recognized regardless of their dynamic level. The samples can be mixed with the original sound and there is also a ducking function available, which only reduces the level of the original drum hit itself without affecting the ambience around it.
- Dual threshold technology doubles replacement safety.
- Two Transient Designer processing stages included.
- One original Transient Designer plug-in included for free.
- 1 GB sample library with 4 drum kits.
- SPLX File Editor for creation of new drum kits.
- WAV and AIFF import.
- Phase-accurate sample replacement.
- Ducking function.
- High and low pass filters.
- real-time pitch shifting +/- one octave.
- Delay control for precise placement.
- MIDI capabilities (in/out) under way.
Pricing & Availability
DrumXchanger is available for Windows and Mac OS X in VST, VST3, AU and RTAS plug-in formats. It costs €336 but is currently available for the special introductory price of €249. Upgrades during the launch offer period cost €149.
The upgrade launch offer applies to all owners of the Transient Designer plug-in, including the UAD version. Owners of the SPL Analog Code version can simply buy the upgrade. Owners of the UAD version can send an e-mail with a legible screenshot of their UAD account and the serial # of the UAD board.
All prices exclude taxes and are only valid during the launch period which ends May 20, 2010.