SquaredHeads has released Nora, a new Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator, which is designed with real-time editing and workflow in mind. It utilizes piano roll-like grid advanced editing tools to create MIDI phrases/patterns.
Open your DAW, add a chord progression and play it. Afterwards, load Nora and create a new phrase or choose one from the supplied ones. Finally set the output to any synthesizer or sampler and you will get the final result.
- Two operation modes are available: Synchronized with host time, or triggered by note on events, like a classic arpeggiator.
- Complete real-time edition.
- Edit up to 5 octaves and up to 5 notes per octave.
- Load/save phrases through the browser.
- Auto/manual loop selection.
- Customizable phrase length.
- Intuitive tools, including zoom to any point and auxiliary mouse locations to define note start and note end.
- Customizable grid for easy edition.
Nora is available for Windows as a VST instrument plug-in, 32 and 64-bits. A demo version can be downloaded.
It costs 34€ for a limited fifteen-day period (Until May 20th). Its normal price is 49€.