29th November 2013
Steinberg has announced that Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 will be available from December 4, 2013*, from Steinberg resellers worldwide and through the Steinberg Online Shop. Version 7.5 incorporates important workflow enhancements, version updates to its instruments and new effects to further the feature set of Cubase and increase professionals' productivity when producing music.
"The mix of highly effective editing and workflow enhancements, new instruments and studio-grade effects makes 7.5 one of the most beneficial Cubase releases since SX 1. I'm confident that this version will boost the creative output of our users and underline its position as DAW of choice for the most renowned producers today," comments Helge Vogt, product marketing lead at Steinberg.
At the top of the new features list is TrackVersions for creating, renaming and managing multiple versions of one or more audio, MIDI and instrument tracks. Also available for chord, tempo and signature tracks, TrackVersions allows users to create and switch between variations of track content, including all events and corresponding lanes. To counter the work strain on big productions encompassing a tremendous track count, the latest iteration of Cubase introduces Visibility tools to the Project window's Inspector alongside extensive viewing filters, offering dynamic track visibility to maintain a clear line of sight across the used tracks. Moreover, the arrangement tracks can be reflected one to one on the MixConsole when locked into sync mode. Workflow optimizations for audio editing include automatic detection of waveform transients in the background for skipping between transient peaks at all times. The re-record mode features instant record restart at the original position, while Track Quick Control assignments can now be saved and loaded as presets and applied to different track types. The Score Editor in Cubase has been enhanced by the MIDI editing functionality, previously only available in the Key Editor, that includes quantizing, transposing and other MIDI tools. Additional focus lies also on the redesigned VST Instrument Rack and enhanced instrument tracks: boasting multiple MIDI inputs and multiple audio outputs, the new instrument tracks perfectly align with the VST Instrument Rack when adding new instruments to the project. In addition, new VST Quick Controls allow users to assign and access control parameters of each instrument with ease.
Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 feature Groove Agent SE 4, a powerful MPC-like drum sampler with detailed sound editing capabilities and pattern playback. Groove Agent SE 4 also provides automatic alignment of drum maps with the Drum Editor and Beat Designer, and includes 30 new drum kits and more than 200 grooves. HALion Sonic SE 2 is the updated compact version of Steinberg's acclaimed workstation, featuring the new Trip virtual analog arp synthesizer plus eight new effects. Bringing the sounds of HALion Sonic SE 2, Padshop, Retrologue and Groove Agent SE 4 to life, Cubase and Cubase Artist now include the EDM Toolbox with 30 fresh construction kits of 25–30 MIDI loops each.
Both updates highlight three new effects: LoopMash FX comes with new style breaks, tape-stops and stutters that can easily be triggered in real time with any MIDI controller; REVelation is an algorithmic reverb for an outrageous degree of depth; and Magneto 2, the rejuvenated tape saturation processor, delivers true analog character to any track.
Exclusively available in Cubase 7.5, VST Connect SE 2 adds MIDI recording to its comprehensive remote recording capabilities via the Internet.
New features at a glance:
- TrackVersions: Playlists for creating, renaming and managing parallel variations of tracks.
- Track visibility: Shows only the tracks you want to see in the Project window.
- Instrument (t)rack 2.0: Supports multi-outputs and multi-inputs, and merges instrument tracks with the Instrument Rack.
- HALion Sonic SE 2: Giving you tons of fresh new sounds plus a totally new synth.
- Groove Agent SE 4: With over 120 drum kits and smart user interface for creating beats and hits in no time.
- New construction kits: Adding flavor to your productions and giving you new song ideas.
- LoopMash FX: For real-time modern-style breaks, tape-stops, stutters and more.
- REVelation: Super-smooth and silky-sounding algorithmic reverb that brings back the memories of those old fancy hardware units.
- Magneto 2: Adding warmth to your tracks.
- VST Connect SE 2 (available in Cubase 7.5 only): Unique remote recording plug-in now with MIDI data transmission.
- Transient navigation: Tab to transients on audio events in the Project window thanks to the new instant hitpoint navigation.
Pricing & Availability
From December 4, 2013, the Cubase 7.5 update will be available from Steinberg resellers worldwide and through the Steinberg Online Shop for €49.99, including German VAT. The Cubase Artist 7.5 update will be available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop for €49.99.
From December 4, 2013, both Cubase 7.5 and Cubase Artist 7.5 full versions will be available from Steinberg resellers worldwide and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for Cubase 7.5 is €599, including German VAT. The suggested retail price for Cubase Artist 7.5 is €299, including German VAT.
Customers who have activated previous Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 versions since October 15, 2013, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to version 7.5.
More details at: www.steinberg.net/whats_new_in_cubase_75
* Note: Cubase 7.5 box updates purchased before December 4, 2013, cannot be installed before the official release. The Cubase 7.5 box update available through resellers includes an activation code and a download link to the Cubase 7.5 update installer. This download will be available on December 4 at around 2 p.m. CET. At the same time, the Cubase 7.5 update will be available worldwide as download through the Steinberg Online Shop.