19th January 2012
Steinberg Media Technologies today released the CI2+ Production Kit. The hardware and software bundle comprises the CI2+ audio interface/controller alongside the Cubase AI 6 music production software and WaveLab LE 7 audio editing suite. The featured Advanced Integration technology facilitates every phase of the music creation process, from the initial idea through to the final mixdown.
With the CI2+ Production Kit, Steinberg is offering the ultimate entry-level recording and production solution for guitarists, singers and podcasters.
“The CI2+ Production Kit comes with a quality interface and two great music software applications that are optimally tailored to each other. It’s simply the perfect out-of-the-box experience, and that at an unbeatable price.” commented Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
The CI2+ features USB connectivity at a 24-bit resolution and a sampling rate of 48 kHz, providing two microphone inputs with balanced XLR/jack combo connectors, high-quality microphone preamps and onboard +48V phantom power. Its panel boasts level and mixing controls alongside transport control buttons and the prominent AI Knob for adjusting many functions in the software. The dedicated high-impedance switch for the first channel allows direct connection of electric and bass guitars.
Cubase AI 6 is based on the same core technologies as Steinberg’s Cubase 6 advanced music production system, offering a comprehensive feature set for composing, recording, editing and mixing music.
WaveLab LE 7 offers a suite of audio editing tools, making it the immediate application to record and edit audio material. With its Internet publishing feature, the online dissemination via podcast is as easy as it gets.
Features at a glance:
- A no-worry full-system solution to record music at an unbeatable price point.
- Easy to use with the Project Assistant and the browse functionality — especially for beginners.
- Interactive recording functionality allows hands-free recording with the optional footswitch and the optional mic stand adapter.
- Advanced Integration system: totally integrated tactile control of the Steinberg Cubase range of production systems, maintaining complete focus on the project.
- Ultra-precision AI controller knob: “point and control” support: controls any Cubase, WaveLab, FX or VSTi parameter using mouse-pointer selection for exhilarating speed.
- Additional controller functionality with dedicated buttons.
- AI-ready LED for Cubase: when the LED lights up, the CI2+ is ready to go with Cubase. Instant plug and play — no additional setup or parameter assigning required.
- Two high-quality mic preamps with +48 V phantom power with a fully USB-powered audio interface giving total freedom of mobile recording elaborate.
- Includes Cubase AI 6 music production software and WaveLab LE 7 mastering and editing software.
- Cross-platform 32-/64-bit for Windows and Mac OS X Intel.
Availability & Pricing
The CI2+ Production Kit is available through the Steinberg Online Shop and authorized Steinberg resellers.
The suggested retail price for the CI2+ Production Kit is €249, including German VAT, and £220, including British VAT.
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1