Steinberg has released a free 6.0.6 maintenance update for Cubase 6, Cubase Artist 6, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase AI 6 and Cubase LE 6 as well as an unsupported 6.5.1 pre-release update for its music recording and production systems, Cubase 6.5 and Cubase Artist 6.5.
While the 6.0.6 update resolves several user-reported issues, the 6.5.1 update addresses one particular issue when working with VST Expression and VST Dynamics events.
Improvements in Cubase 6.0.6:
- Rewire x64 support: Cubase now connects to ReWire client applications in a pure 64-bit environment under Windows and Mac OS X.
- Quantize Preset list with 128th Note Preset: The Quantize Preset list has been extended to include a 128th Note Preset by default. Existing installations will show the additional presets only if the factory presets are restored from within the Quantize Panel or if the "RAMPreset.xml" is deleted from Preferences.
Issues resolved in Cubase 6.0.6:
- Plug-in: Scaling the user interface now works properly with FXpansion instruments.
- Plug-in: Changing of knob mode in Preferences now applies directly to opened VST plug-in windows and does no longer require an unloading and reloading of the plug-in.
- VST Expression: Vienna Symphonic Library titles now work correctly with Expression maps, even when the entry for Articulation 1 is empty.
- VST Expression: Placing different parts that contain VST Dynamic events on the same track now works as expected.
- Surround: Processing 5.0 surround audio offline with Waves C360 (v9 or higher) no longer leads to memory issues.
- Surround: 5.0 surround audio files now import with a correct speaker configuration (LCRLfeLs).
- Pool: Emptying the pool no longer leads to stability issues.
- Video: Playing back projects containing certain video files using Cubase LE 6 / AI 6 / Elements 6 no longer renders the application unreliable.
Issues resolved in Cubase 6.5.1 pre-release:
VST Expression: When using VST Dynamics events, no drop outs of other
MIDI events on the track will occur.
Please note that the 6.5.1 pre-release update is an immediate response to an issue reported by customers. In order to make this improvement available as soon as possible, the update didn't pass through Steinberg's entire quality assurance process. Although the internal preliminary testing indicates that it is stable and reliable, technical support cannot be granted. The next fully supported 6.5.2 maintenance update will include the improvement among others.
09 Apr 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.20
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1