20th August 2002
Steinberg has released PLEX Restructuring Synthesizer (by Wolfgang Palm).
- New synthesis approach by "PPG legend" WolfgangPalm.
- Real-time swapping between components of 33 sound sources.
- 97 special pre-analyzed sound sources included.
- 3 ADSRs, 3 synchronizable LFOs, global pitch LFO.
- Modulation section with Stereo Delay and Flanger effects.
- Up to 64 voices, 300 presets included.
- All parameters accessible via MIDI controller.
How does PLEX work?
"The original sound is split into four components, lower spectrum, higher spectrum, filter characteristics and amplitude envelope, using a new audio analysis technique. Each component can be replaced and combined with other elements. The result is a thrillingly "natural" sound."