Steinberg Media Technologies has announced the immediate availability of their dspMixFx app for the iPad alongside the firmware and Tools software update version 2.1 for the UR824, UR28M and UR44 audio interfaces.
dspMixFx allows users to control the many digital signal processing (DSP) features available on the UR824, UR28M and UR44 audio interfaces in order to create latency-free monitor mixes with the readily available DSP effects through the iPad.
"Most musicians have experienced a poor monitor mix at some time or another. And this results in a poor performance. With dspMixFx, simply hook up your iPad to the interface, set up the perfect mix and get the best out of each and every performer during the recording sessions," says Stefan Schreiber, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
dspMixFx harnesses the power of Yamaha's SSP2 DSP chip built into the UR interfaces, making the available DSP features easily accessible through the iPad. The iOS app provides a mixer for the input signals and controls the REV-X reverb, the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip with compressor and three-band parametric EQ as well as the four Guitar Amp Classics amp emulations at zero latency.
dspMixFx is compatible with other iOS audio apps, offering full operation when using third-party apps with the DSP-powered interfaces of Steinberg's UR range.
The firmware/software update version 2.1 ensures full compatibility of the UR824, UR28M and UR44 with the dspMixFx app as well as providing automatic detection of the connected iPad or computer when in class compliant mode.
Features at a glance:
- Control of all DSP features like DSP mixer and DSP effects.
- Works with UR44, UR28M and UR824*.
- No-latency DSP-powered monitoring with the iPad.
- Convenient operation.
- Works with other iOS audio apps.
* Units need to be switched to class compliant mode to run with the iPad via the iPad Camera Connection Kit or the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter. In CC mode Loopback capability is disabled, and only the analog inputs and outputs are available on UR28M and UR824.