Steinberg Media Technologies has released Retrologue, the virtual analog synthesizer first introduced in Cubase 6.5 and now available as a plug-in compatible with VST 3, VST 2 and AU hosts.
"The response from customers using Retrologue in Cubase 6.5 has been overwhelming. With today's release, users of any DAW supporting the VST or AU format will have access the warmth and sophistication of this timeless sound," commented Matthias Quellmann, product marketing manager at Steinberg.
Retrologue houses two oscillators, each with a maximum of eight widely detunable voices, one sub and one noise oscillator, alongside a dozen high-quality filter types as well as 300 presets. Also on board are two LFOs and two ADSR envelopes. With the ten-stage Modulation Matrix, users can assign modulation sources to vary the targets' values, also supporting modulation assignments from Note Expression, Steinberg's way of editing controller data.
Features at a glance:
- Classic virtual analog synthesizer with more than 300 high-quality presets dedicated to classic leads and analog synth sounds.
- Intuitive user interface for effective usability and direct accessibility.
- Two oscillators with up to eight detunable voices each plus a sub and noise oscillator.
- 12 different high-quality filter types.
- 2 LFOs and ADSR for filters and amp envelopes.
- 10-stage Modulation Matrix with Note Expression support for unlimited flexibility.
- Mono and Poly Modes with Legato and Glide.
- FX Section with high-class modulation and delay effects.
- NEW: VST 3, VST 2 and AU compatible host application support.
Availability & Pricing
Retrologue is available as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is €49.99, including German VAT, and £42.34, including British VAT.
09 Apr 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.20
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3