Steinberg has released a trial version for the WaveLab 8.5 professional mastering suite and also the final 8.0.4 maintenance update for the previous version, WaveLab 8, which fixes some issues in areas such as plug-ins and markers.
The WaveLab 8.5 trial version may be used for a period of 30 days and comes with the same functionality that the full version has to offer, including Watch Folders, Encoder Checker and Multi-Format rendering.
Improvements in WaveLab 8.0.4:
- The Batch Conversion function has been reintegrated in the Audio File workspace of WaveLab Elements 8.
Fixes in WaveLab 8.0.4:
- PLUG-INS: Rendering certain VST 3 effects used within the Master Section now works as expected.
- PLUG-INS: Opening the Rupert Neve Designs Portico plug-ins without activated license no longer renders the program unstable.
- MARKER: Converting one marker type into another now works as expected.
- MARKER: Marker positions are now created correctly when markers are created via the "Create Marker" dialog.
- RECORDING: Time-controlled recording now works as expected.
- CD: Japanese characters are now displayed correctly in the song list (when imported from an audio CD).
- CD: Burning a basic audio CD no longer fails in case certain options have been activated (Create Basic Audio CD: ON, Open resulting audio file: OFF).
- FORMATS: Decoding is now possible for audio files with embedded MP3 file.
- USER INTERFACE: A metering-window focus issue when using WaveLab with two screens has been resolved.
- OTHER: WaveLab now displays a "No connection" information in case FreeDB is not available.