Steinberg has announced the availability of the final 7.0.7 maintenance updates for Cubase 7 / Cubase Artist 7 / Cubase Elements 7 / Cubase AI 7 and LE 7. All updates are free downloads (please see the bottom of this post for links) and fully supported.
The updates resolve the following issues*:
- When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
- Switching the ASIO driver no longer leads to unexpected behavior.
- (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.
- Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with 7.0.7..
- When opening a project, locked tempo / signature tracks are now restored correctly.
- When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Result (Previewer) part of the window is always displayed.
- The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a system with only one display.
- Setting the zone visibility of the input/output channels now works as expected.
- Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
- Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
- The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works as expected.
- Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen mode no longer renders the application unreliable.
- When using knob mode for the EQ section in the Channel Settings windows, the phase reverse button is always visible.
- Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
- Changing channels with the cursor keys in the hardware rack of MixConsole no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
- Copying a REVerence instance to another channel or copying a channel which contains a REVerence instance no longer leads to performance issues.
- (OS X 10.9): Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.
- Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.
- Playing back a MIDI track containing lyrics events to an external MIDI device no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Dragging an event up/down with the mouse in the Key Editor always leads to accurate audio preview.
- Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
- Import a MIDI file with the preference set to "Destination: Instrument Tracks" no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Using the bottom scroll bar to navigate horizontally in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Printing from the Score Editor in Cubase Artist / Elements / AI and LE now works as expected.
- Toggling between the vertical and the horizontal position of a symbol palette in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Activating "Animate Note Cursor" in the Score Editor preferences no longer leads to an invisible note tool without preview capability.
- When using an MR816 the hardware rack is always available from the drop down list.
- Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7 or Cubase Elements 7 / AI 7 / LE 7.
Download: A detailed version history and the 7.0.7 Updaters are available here: