4th February 2014
Steinberg has announced the availability of the final 7.0.7 maintenance updates for Cubase 7 / Cubase Artist 7 / Cubase Elements 7 / Cubase AI 7 and LE 7. All updates are free downloads (please see the bottom of this post for links) and fully supported.
The updates resolve the following issues*:
- When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
- Switching the ASIO driver no longer leads to unexpected behavior.
- (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.
- Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with 7.0.7..
- When opening a project, locked tempo / signature tracks are now restored correctly.
- When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Result (Previewer) part of the window is always displayed.
- The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a system with only one display.
- Setting the zone visibility of the input/output channels now works as expected.
- Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
- Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
- The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works as expected.
- Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen mode no longer renders the application unreliable.
- When using knob mode for the EQ section in the Channel Settings windows, the phase reverse button is always visible.
- Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
- Changing channels with the cursor keys in the hardware rack of MixConsole no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
- Copying a REVerence instance to another channel or copying a channel which contains a REVerence instance no longer leads to performance issues.
- (OS X 10.9): Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.
- Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.
- Playing back a MIDI track containing lyrics events to an external MIDI device no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Dragging an event up/down with the mouse in the Key Editor always leads to accurate audio preview.
- Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
- Import a MIDI file with the preference set to "Destination: Instrument Tracks" no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Using the bottom scroll bar to navigate horizontally in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Printing from the Score Editor in Cubase Artist / Elements / AI and LE now works as expected.
- Toggling between the vertical and the horizontal position of a symbol palette in the Score Editor no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Activating "Animate Note Cursor" in the Score Editor preferences no longer leads to an invisible note tool without preview capability.
- When using an MR816 the hardware rack is always available from the drop down list.
- Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.
* Please note that this list applies to Cubase 7 and not every entry may apply to Cubase Artist 7 or Cubase Elements 7 / AI 7 / LE 7.
Download: A detailed version history and the 7.0.7 Updaters are available here:
09 Apr 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase to v7.5.20
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1