18th April 2012
Steinberg has announced the release of Nuendo 5.5.3, the latest update to its advanced post-production system. The updated version features an enhanced lane comping functionality, a more intuitive approach to multitrack quantizing, ReWire 64-bit support and Chinese language support.
Improvements in 5.5.3:
- Lane Comping improvements: Nuendo 5.5's comprehensive lane comping system has been improved once again. Tailored closely to the requests of our professional users in audio and post-production, the comping workflow has been streamlined by a dedicated Comp tool.
- Multitrack warp quantizing: Nuendo 5.5.3 fuses the hitpoint and AudioWarp system and embeds warp quantizing directly into the dedicated quantize panel. By creating warp markers straight from hitpoints, single audio loops or the entire arrangement can be non-destructively quantized with a single mouse click.
- ReWire 64bit support: Nuendo 5.5.3 now connects your favorite ReWire client applications in a pure 64-bit environment under Windows and Mac OS X.
- Ni hao ma?: Nuendo 5.5.3 is the first Nuendo version ever to provide the entire user interface in simplified Chinese. We welcome our Chinese-speaking friends around the world.
Issues resolved in 5.5.3:
- Audio Editing: After splitting a VariAudio segment of a shared clip, pressing the Cancel button in the "New Version" window no longer renders the application unresponsive.
- Audio Editing: Editing an audio clip with VariAudio, then deleting it and undoing the whole operation now works as expected.
- Audio Editing: Using the "Close Gaps (Time Stretch)" function no longer introduces unwanted audible artifacts.
- Audio Editing: Inserting silence into a selected range now works as expected if the selection end is directly followed by a signature change.
- Audio: Selecting multiple mixer channels via SHIFT modifier no longer selects input/output channels accidentally.
- Plug-in: When using the Mix6to2 plug-in, the first channel (volume left) is now fully automatable.
- Plug-in: When using Cloner, automating the "Detune natural" button no longer mutes the audio signal.
- Plug-in: Automating the Voices parameter in Cloner now works properly.
- Audio: Exporting a quad-channel audio mixdown to MP3 format no longer renders the application unresponsive.
- Audio: Recalling a VST Connection preset while the Audio Export Mixdown dialog is open no longer renders the application unresponsive.
- MIDI: Recording in MIDI Replace mode now works as expected at any project time.
- Plug-in: After saving and loading VST Presets, the bypass state of specific plug-ins is now recalled correctly.
- Project: When im- & exporting Track Archives, Marker tracks are now properly stored and restored.
- Editing: After saving and (re-)loading a project, the event order on Lanes is restored properly under all conditions.
- Editing: The Delete Overlaps command now works on specific event selections.
- Project: Project saving time is improved.
- Surround: Processing 5.0 surround audio offline with Waves C360 (v9 or higher) no longer leads to memory issues.
- Pool: Emptying the pool no longer leads to stability issues.
- Plug-in: Scaling the user interface now works properly with FXpansion instruments.
- VST Expression: When using VST Dynamics events, no drop outs of other MIDI events on the track will occur.
- VST Expression: Vienna Symphonic Library titles now work correctly with Expression maps, even when the entry for Articulation 1 is empty.
- VST Expression: Placing different parts that contain VST Dynamic events on the same track now works as expected.
- Surround: 5.0 surround audio files now import with a correct speaker configuration (LCRLfeLs).
- Project: Loading issue resolved / defect project files.
- Project: Loading issue resolved.
- Audio File: 0 KB files in audio file folder don't cause problems anymore when opening a project from this folder.
- Panning: convert mono to stereo tracks function doesn't cause panning errors anymore.
- Remove missing files function: stability issues resolved.
- Media Bay: no error message when closing Nuendo.
- Application closing-error resolved.
- MIDI: Cancel-button of MIDI "Dissolve Part" – dialog doesn't need to get pressed twice before closing dialog anymore.
- Only Mac: Function "Create Tracks from Lanes" now recognizes Crossfades while creation of tracks.
- Offline Process: serious issues resolved.
- Quick Controls: Quick Controls and linked VST plug-in parameter now behave like intended.
- Mute: Resolved: By dragging a muted event to another location the event gets replaced and is unmuted.
- Quantize: Quantize Audio on Range selection now fixes start/end points.
- Comping/Quantize: partially wrong overlap-behavior resolved.
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
26 Jul 2013 Steinberg releases HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2
26 Jun 2013 Steinberg releases Cubase Elements 7
03 Jun 2008 Native Instruments launches 'Komplete Your DAW'
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic releases Pro-Convert
05 Oct 2007 Cakewalk announces Sonar 7 Crossgrade Pricing