4th February 2014
Steinberg has updated Nuendo to v6.0.7, which provides fixes of important issues in areas such as MixConsole, plug-ins and project management. In addition, Nuendo 6.0.7 features a rewrite of the AAF import filter, fixing problems occurring with AAF import of Pro Tools and Media Composer files.
Fixes and improvements
- Start-time and volume levels of AAF files are now imported properly.
- Import of AAF files no longer creates an empty project.
- Import of AAF files no longer fails when video track import option is chosen on import dialog.
- AAF files from Apple Final Cut Pro are now positioned correctly in Nuendo.
- AAF files with various sample rates and bit depths are now imported correctly.
- Conversion of embedded files now works flawlessly.
- A problem related to the buffer size (occurring during media consolidation) has been solved.
- AAF-export now works correctly in embedded format.
- Import of embedded AAF files from Media Composer now works flawlessly and in a reasonable period of time.
- AAF files from Media Composer containing rendered effects are now positioned properly in the Nuendo timeline.
- ClipGain values are now written to all channels of a multi-channel track.
- Audio files are now imported and placed at the right position in the Nuendo timeline.
- Import of AAF files now works correctly (no missing clips).
- AAF files from AVID Media Composer containing stereo channels now open correctly in Nuendo.
- Import of embedded AAF files now works correctly even if special characters are used in media paths.
- Embedded AAF is now supported without limitations under Mac OS (32-bit).
- AAF filter can now be set to 23,98fps project framerate and imports clips at correct position.
- Import of tracks now works correctly under 32-bit.
- When opening a file selector dialog the mouse wheel always works as expected.
- Reference and Dim preferences are no longer reset.
- (OS X 10.9): All non-modal windows are displayed correctly.
- Projects created in Cubase 7.5.x that use the new TrackVersions feature are fully compatible with Nuendo 6.0.7.
- When using the Browse button in the Add Audio Track window, the Previewer part is always displayed.
- The Edit Frame Offset settings are now applied correctly to the Nuendo SyncStation.
- Hovering over audio tracks in the tracklist no longer leads to audio drop-outs.
- Closing projects no longer results in an unresponsive state of the application.
- The layout of MixConsole no longer misaligns when switching from a multi-display setup to a one-display system.
- Hiding the EQ section in the Channel Settings window now works as expected.
- Using Control+Shift+arrows in MixConsole for changing levels now works as expected.
- The context menu on the channel strip module knobs and in the fader area of MixConsole now works correctly.
- Loading a second project with MixConsole opened in full-screen no works flawlessly.
- When using knob mode (EQ section in the Channel Settings windows) the phase reverse button is visible.
- Loading an FX chain preset no longer renders the application unreliable.
- Changing channels with cursor keys in the MixConsole (HW rack) no longer leads to an unresponsive state.
- The Offline Process History title now shows the correct plug-in name.
- Adjusting the volume of an audio event via keyboard shortcut while the Crossfade Editor is opened no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Emptying trash in the Audio Pool now works without issues.
- The gain reduction meters of the Maximizer works as expected.
- Better performance when copying a REVerence instance to another channel or a channel containing REVerence.
- OS X 10.9: Using VST Connect no longer leads to an unresponsive state of the application.
- Using REVerence (or Roomworks) and bypassing it, then moving to a section in the project without audio and disabling bypass for REVerence no longer leads to unwanted playback of a buffered reverb tail.
- Using REVerence and switching between two program slots while enabled parameter fading no longer produces audio artifacts.
- MIDI: Resizing the controller lane in the Key Editor now works as expected.
- SCORE: Printing to PDF from Score Editor and replacing an existing PDF file no longer lead to an unresponsive state of the application.
- VIDEO: Importing multi-channel audio from QuickTime files now works as expected.
- HARDWARE: Changing the Digital I/O mode setting of MR 816 in the Control Panel or Audio Hardware Setup no longer renders the application unreliable.
Nuendo 6.0.7 alongside the full version history can be downloaded here.