Steinberg has updated Nuendo to v8.2. While being a maintenance update providing considerable workflow improvements and smoothing out issues that are bound to ripple over a software life cycle, Nuendo 8.2 is so much more. In fact it's a massive update that bestows upon you all the features introduced in Cubase Pro 9.5. This includes the double-precision engine, new automation tools, double as many insert slots as before, the all-new Metronome, revamped effects, and many other highlights. To round it out, version 8.2 now also includes a new Ambisonics bus system for audio authoring of 360° VR videos.
Ambisonics is a technology that creates a spherical sound field and uses an encoded bundle of multiple audio streams to place sounds anywhere within that sphere. The new Ambisonics bus system is just the first step - of many more to come - to provide a full blown-up solution for VR audio production within Nuendo.
This update also includes the following Cubase features:
- 64-bit floating-point audio engine: Double precision processing, mixing and summing power including file import/export and the internal plug-in set.
- Enhanced right zone: Direct access to the Control Room and the Master and Loudness meters in the Project Window.
- Bézier-curves automation: Ultra-precise and smooth automation curves including VCA Faders automation.
- Automation Range Tool: To edit the information within a range selection without having to create extra automation points.
- 16 Insert Slots: Including a flexible and dynamic separator of pre and post fader effects.
- Redesigned Metronome: Including a Click Pattern Editor assignable to the Signature Track and many internal Click Sounds.
- Adapt to Zoom: The Snap Grid of the Project Window now adjusts dynamically depending on the horizontal Zoom level.
- Sampler Track enhancements: It is now possible to drop a MIDI event to the Sampler Control to create a new Sampler Track. Also possible now is an A/B comparison.
- More enhancements: Also new are redesigned and improved plug-ins, the new Flux Wavetable Synth for HSSE3, new FX Chain and Master Channel presets and more...
For a comprehensive overview of Nuendo 8.2 additions, please head over to steinberg.net/.../what_is_new_in_nuendo_82