18th January 2012
Steinberg recently released a maintenance update for all three versions of WaveLab 7. The 7.2.1 update addresses some crash bugs and other issues.
Issues fixed in WaveLab 7.2.1:
- Play: While playing a mono file, clicking on the bottom part of the waveform could cause distortion sounds.
- Compatibility issue with Waves plug-ins: Unloading a Waves plug-in could cause an error or crash in WaveLab. Using Waves plug-ins in the batch processor could lead to a crash. If the marker was placed beyond the end of the last clip, it was not always possible to change its time value.
- Using Control+Click to reset a slider: Master Section's Leveler and Peak Master plug-ins: using Control+Click to reset a slider to its default value could cause the mouse pointer to move to the expected position, but the parameter itself would not change.
- Show/hide: Showing and hiding plug-ins several times could cause a shift of the graphics by one pixel (Mac only).
- Show/hide: After hiding certain Master Section plug-ins ("Carbon" plug-ins), switching back and forth from WaveLab to other applications could cause a graphical error within the plug-in’s user interface (Mac only).
- Direct X: Direct X plug-ins could not be rendered (Windows only).
- Master Section/Audio Input: Removing the "Audio Input" plug-in from the Master Section slot could cause a crash.
- MP3 encoding with Lame: Choosing Lame encoder within the encoder dialog could cause a crash (Windows only).
- Batch-processing workflow: Each time when double clicking on a batch-processor document, a new batch-processor workspace was created, rather than opening an existing batch-processor workspace (no matter if WaveLab was already running or not). The same program behavior applied to podcast documents.
- Spectrum editing: When selecting a frequency range containing 0 Hz (lowest possible frequency) and applying a LowPass filter to the process, the resulting audio signal could end up in distortion.
- Audio Montage plug-in parameters: Editing a VST 3 plug-in during playback was not possible in the Audio Montage. Closing the plug-in window did not save the changes made (Windows only).
- Reordering plug-ins within the Audio Montage: Having some plug-in windows opened, a crash could randomly and asynchronously happen after re-ordering plug-ins within a clip or on a track.
- CD Wizard dialog: selecting the last three marker naming modes from the menu did not enable the name text field.
- Plug-in menu: A plug-in menu could appear partially out of screen in case too many plug-ins were listed.
- Localization: Two localization errors in the German start-up screen have been fixed.
The 7.2 update provided seamlessly integrated remote control support for Steinberg’s advanced CI, CMC and CC121 models and also supports up to three MIDI-compatible hardware devices. Other highlights include 64-bit versions for Mac and Windows platforms, an Export-to-SoundCloud function, an updated version of the Dirac 3.5 time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithm and several workflow and user interface improvements.
Features (selection) at a glance:
- WaveLab 7.2 comes with a comprehensive remote control support for CC121, CI series, CMC and others*.
- The WaveLab family is now available in 64-bit versions for Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 platforms.
- WaveLab 7.2 comes with a new optional start up dialog**.
- DIRAC 3.5 - The latest version of the award-winning Dirac timestretching algorithm.
- Direct Upload-to-SoundCloud functionality - share your music with people around the world.
- WaveLab 7.2 features an enhanced DDP file workflow**.
- Easily create and name markers and regions in your project**.
- WaveLab’s "Save As" function now includes a useful "Save Copy" option.
- Improvements with regards to the CD Wizard and CD tool window.
- Several workflow improvements and fixed issues (please see full version history).
*limited feature in WaveLab Elements 7.2
**only in WaveLab 7.2, not available in WaveLab Elements 7.2
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
26 Jul 2013 Steinberg releases HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2
26 Jun 2013 Steinberg releases Cubase Elements 7
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3