18th January 2012
Steinberg recently released a maintenance update for all three versions of WaveLab 7. The 7.2.1 update addresses some crash bugs and other issues.
Issues fixed in WaveLab 7.2.1:
- Play: While playing a mono file, clicking on the bottom part of the waveform could cause distortion sounds.
- Compatibility issue with Waves plug-ins: Unloading a Waves plug-in could cause an error or crash in WaveLab. Using Waves plug-ins in the batch processor could lead to a crash. If the marker was placed beyond the end of the last clip, it was not always possible to change its time value.
- Using Control+Click to reset a slider: Master Section's Leveler and Peak Master plug-ins: using Control+Click to reset a slider to its default value could cause the mouse pointer to move to the expected position, but the parameter itself would not change.
- Show/hide: Showing and hiding plug-ins several times could cause a shift of the graphics by one pixel (Mac only).
- Show/hide: After hiding certain Master Section plug-ins ("Carbon" plug-ins), switching back and forth from WaveLab to other applications could cause a graphical error within the plug-in’s user interface (Mac only).
- Direct X: Direct X plug-ins could not be rendered (Windows only).
- Master Section/Audio Input: Removing the "Audio Input" plug-in from the Master Section slot could cause a crash.
- MP3 encoding with Lame: Choosing Lame encoder within the encoder dialog could cause a crash (Windows only).
- Batch-processing workflow: Each time when double clicking on a batch-processor document, a new batch-processor workspace was created, rather than opening an existing batch-processor workspace (no matter if WaveLab was already running or not). The same program behavior applied to podcast documents.
- Spectrum editing: When selecting a frequency range containing 0 Hz (lowest possible frequency) and applying a LowPass filter to the process, the resulting audio signal could end up in distortion.
- Audio Montage plug-in parameters: Editing a VST 3 plug-in during playback was not possible in the Audio Montage. Closing the plug-in window did not save the changes made (Windows only).
- Reordering plug-ins within the Audio Montage: Having some plug-in windows opened, a crash could randomly and asynchronously happen after re-ordering plug-ins within a clip or on a track.
- CD Wizard dialog: selecting the last three marker naming modes from the menu did not enable the name text field.
- Plug-in menu: A plug-in menu could appear partially out of screen in case too many plug-ins were listed.
- Localization: Two localization errors in the German start-up screen have been fixed.
The 7.2 update provided seamlessly integrated remote control support for Steinberg’s advanced CI, CMC and CC121 models and also supports up to three MIDI-compatible hardware devices. Other highlights include 64-bit versions for Mac and Windows platforms, an Export-to-SoundCloud function, an updated version of the Dirac 3.5 time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithm and several workflow and user interface improvements.
Features (selection) at a glance:
- WaveLab 7.2 comes with a comprehensive remote control support for CC121, CI series, CMC and others*.
- The WaveLab family is now available in 64-bit versions for Mac OS X Lion and Windows 7 platforms.
- WaveLab 7.2 comes with a new optional start up dialog**.
- DIRAC 3.5 - The latest version of the award-winning Dirac timestretching algorithm.
- Direct Upload-to-SoundCloud functionality - share your music with people around the world.
- WaveLab 7.2 features an enhanced DDP file workflow**.
- Easily create and name markers and regions in your project**.
- WaveLab’s "Save As" function now includes a useful "Save Copy" option.
- Improvements with regards to the CD Wizard and CD tool window.
- Several workflow improvements and fixed issues (please see full version history).
*limited feature in WaveLab Elements 7.2
**only in WaveLab 7.2, not available in WaveLab Elements 7.2
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3
10 Apr 2013 Steinberg offers 50% Off RND Portico Plug-ins
09 Apr 2013 Steinberg releases Nuendo 6 (6.0.3 available)
18 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubasis for iPad
05 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Nuendo 6
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7