31st October 2013
Steinberg has updated WaveLab to v8.0.3. The new update provides many improvements in areas such as loudness measurement, audio montage, plug-ins, user interface and key commands. The update also adds compatibility to cocoa-based plug-ins and includes an updated version of Voxengo CurveEQ.
- WaveLab now supports Cocoa-based plug-ins.
- An updated version of Curve EQ is included.
- LOUDNESS: The "True Peak" setting is now considered for the Loudness Normalizer function.
- LOUDNESS: All parameters are now saved correctly when the Loudness Normalizer is used in the Batch Processor workspace.
- Audio MONTAGE: Switching between several open workspaces no longer leads to Clip/Track/Master effect-button not being preserved.
- Audio MONTAGE: The "solo-track" behavior now works as in WaveLab 7.
- Audio MONTAGE: Exchanging files in the Audio Montage now works correctly.
- PLUG-INS: The iZotope Ozone plug-in user interface does no longer disappear occasionally.
- PLUG-INS: Stability problems when applying the replacement function in the "missing plug-ins" dialog have been solved.
- PLUG-INS: When Peak Master is used as track plug-in within the Audio Montage, it doesn't create a "click" at playback start any more.
- PLUG-INS: The number of VST2 and VST3 plug-ins are now displayed correctly in the plug-in settings window.
- PLUG-INS: All included VST3 plug-ins are now working correctly in a surround montage.
- PLUG-INS: Changing the UI scale of Voxengo Curve EQ now works without re-starting WaveLab.
- PLUG-INS: A visibility problem with 32-bit UAD plug-ins after re-opening WaveLab has been solved.
- CD: An issue with custom defined track pauses has been solved.
- CD: The CD text editor now opens correctly at the selected track.
- META DATA: The "@CD-track" variable is now considered correctly when rendering an Audio Montage.
- FREE DB: FreeDB now receives CD information correctly.
- VST Audio CONNECTION: The "selected speaker configuration" is now chosen when opening VST Audio connection window.
- FILE FORMAT: A mismatch with multiple open DDP files has been solved.
- FILE FORMAT: A problem with encoding an Ogg file has been solved.
- FILE CONVERSION: Converting files from dual-mono to stereo format no longer leads to a naming mismatch.
- BATCH PROCESSOR: Batch processing no longer leads to errors in case more than one core is selected for processing or the option "auto converted files" is applied.
- RECORDING: The stop-record confirmation display now works correctly.
- RECORDING: Switching from "solo" to "discard" in the recording window no longer leads to program instabilities.
- EDIT: When applying the "Raise selection" option, other envelope points are now deselected correctly.
- OS X: Plug-in names are no longer truncated in the master section (OS X 10.9 only).
- OS X: The setting path "Common for all users" no works correctly.
- RENDERING: The name-field no longer resets when choosing further options such as "whole montage".
- METERING: An issue with freezing plug-in meters when stopping playback has been resolved.
- METERING: The level metering in "true peak" no longer leads to issues.
- USER INTERFACE: The dB-values of volume envelope-points are now displayed correctly.
- USER INTERFACE: The "remaining time" is now displayed correctly even if the background task window is inactive.
- KEY COMMAND: Pressing CTRL+A now works in file browser to "select all".
- KEY COMMAND: The playback can now be started by using the "Enter" key (Mac OS X only).
- KEY COMMAND: A defined shortcut for the "record" function now works properly (Mac OS X only).
- RECENT FILE LIST: The recent file list now contains all entries.
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
26 Jul 2013 Steinberg releases HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2
26 Jun 2013 Steinberg releases Cubase Elements 7
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3