7th July 2014
Steinberg has updated WaveLab to v8.5.10.
This maintenance update introduces the following improvements:
- The performance of the Loop Tweaker function has been improved.
- The performance when editing large clip lists has been improved.
- The 64-bit version of WaveLab now supports the Renovator plug-in from Algorithmix.
- The local ruler of a clip now benefits from an improved color scheme that enhances the visibility of numeric values and markers.
- PLUG-INS: When used as a clip effect, the plug-in window of the Compressor plug-in no longer shows a transparent background.
- PLUG-INS: The input of parameter values via a keyboard no longer leads to display issues.
- PLUG-INS: Rendering certain VST 3 effects used within the Master Section now works as expected.
- PLUG-INS: Opening the Rupert Neve Designs Portico plug-ins without activated license no longer renders the program unstable.
- PLUG-INS: The Crystal Resampler combined with Smart Bypass no longer causes stability issues (when the sample rate of the audio files is not supported by the audio interface).
- PLUG-INS: The plug-in settings of the Rupert Neve Designs Portico plug-ins now remain persistent when reloading plug-ins of the effect chain.
- PLUG-INS: A fast removal of effect plug-ins from the Master Section no longer renders the program unstable.
- PLUG-INS: Collapse folders within the plug-in settings dialog (in case all folders are expanded) now works as expected.
- PRESETS: Saving Master section presets now works as expected.
- USER INTERFACE: A graphical error within the Phasescope settings dialog no longer appears.
- USER INTERFACE: A graphical issue with certain program menus has been resolved (Windows only, Operation System Style only).
- USER INTERFACE: The WaveLab main window no longer maximizes automatically when hovering certain program icons with the mouse.
- FILE FORMATS: An incompatibility issue with the MP2 format has been resolved.
- MARKER: Converting one marker type into another now works as expected.
- Audio MONTAGE: When importing an AES31 file, a user template can now be used.
- Audio MONTAGE: An undo command conducted via the history list now also removes the visible flag correctly.
- EDITING: Renaming of audio clips after auto-split now works as expected.
- DDP: The maximum length in time for an audio file wrapped into a DDP file is now set to 99 minutes in order to avoid marker issues.
- WATCH FOLDERS: WaveLab can now be started from e.g. the Mac OS Dock even if the Watch Folders background process is active.
- CD: The audio CD report now shows correct entries for an Audio Montage used with 48 kHz.
- CD: Burning a basic audio CD no longer fails in case certain options have been activated (Create Basic Audio CD: ON, Open resulting audio file:
- OTHER: A stability issue with the FreeDB function "read track names" has been resolved.
- OTHER: The FreeDB submit dialog is now displayed correctly (Mac only).