18th January 2007
Steinberg Media Technologies and Yamaha Corporation have announced a new, specially adapted version of the Cubase music production system that is to be included in Yamaha digital music production hardware. Cubase AI4 is based on the latest generation of Cubase and provides close integration between Yamaha hardware and Steinberg software.
Cubase AI4 is a music production workstation that offers audio recording and editing, MIDI sequencing, an entire suite of VST effects plug-ins and a HALion One sample player featuring selected waves from the Yamaha Motif. Users of Cubase AI4 can also upgrade to the full Cubase 4 and Cubase Studio 4 versions.
Advanced integration functions bond the Yamaha hardware and Steinberg software together to form one, integrated system, including Studio Connections technology which recalls settings for Yamaha digital audio hardware with a single mouse click. Integration with the new Motif XS is even more advanced, with automatic VST audio and MIDI connection setup providing a true Plug and Play experience. The full versions of Cubase 4 and Cubase Studio 4 offer these advanced integration features with Yamaha hardware out of the box.
Cubase AI4 feature overview:
- Cubase 4 audio engine.
- 48 audio tracks and up to 64 MIDI tracks.
- HALion One software sample player with selected Motif waves.
- Plug and Play VST/MIDI setup with new Yamaha products.
- Studio Connections Integration and product-specific advanced integration features.
- 25 VST effect plug-ins, including 15 new VST3 plug-in effects.
- File Interchange between Steinberg software and Yamaha hardware.
- 20 MIDI music styles and 480 audio drum loops included.