3rd September 2004
- Extended Freeze for VST instruments offers more options for freezing VSTi's and VSTi channels.
- Freeze for Audio Channels to reduce CPU load by audio insert plugins.
- Dummy Plugin replaces missing plugins when transferring projects to another system; thereby preserving the original plugin when moving back to the original system.
- Glide return-time on touch fader automation.
- Play Order Track for intuitive arranging and re-arranging of projects.
- Volume envelope for parts offers automation of volume that moves with the part.
- Audition channel creates separate monitor bus for scrubbing, preview and editing audio.
- AUX send panners linked to channel panners facilitates surround mixing.
- Option to route send busses of FX return channel to any output channels.
Files and Formats (Import and Export):
- Import / export markers with Standard MIDI File.
- Improved Drag & Drop for Standard MIDI Files into project window.
- Import/Export selected tracks from/to OMF.
- OMF: Option to export clip names.
Recording and playback:
- Adjustable audio pre-record up to 10 minutes serves as a virtual audio sketch pad; audio clips can be expanded at the event start to reveal pre-recorded data.
- Improved scrubbing.
- New project start time options: keeps events absolute or relative to project start time.
- Audition option during export.
- Post-Record cleanup aft er MIDI recording (resets pitch bend, sustain and other controllers).
- Audio Warp realtime algorithm supports realtime time stretching and pitch shifting on individual or all clips.
- Time-Warp content tool allows for manual audio warping of individual clips.
- Hitpoint/loop rhythm info improvements.
- Improved Hitpoint Detection.
- Tempo processing for fast and accurate tempo operations based on the project’s tempo track.
- In Place Editor puts the key editor directly on the project page and allows for MIDI event editing (notes and controllers) in context with other tracks and track types.
- Relative snapping of objects: parts keep their relative start position when moved by snap values.
- Audio feedback for velocity changes in controller lanes.
- Key commands to recall logical editor presets.
- Key commands to recall controller lane setups.
- MIDI Controller input for controller lane editing.
- MIDI controller input for data in Info-Line.
- Moving sync -point shows timecode indicator.
- Select tool automatically changes to pencil tool when moving mouse pointer to a velocity MIDI controller lane.
- Color coding for all tracks and mixer channels, including a new color tool, expanded color palette, view/hide button and more.
- Child bussed for VST group/fx busses facilitate signal routing in multi-channel applications.
- Alternative audio waveform visualization improves visibility of dynamics/loudness at small track heights.
- Performance Optimization (general and processor-specific).
- Apple G5 and Intel P4 (Prescott) Optimization.
- Workspaces for managing window sets or entire desktops.
- Advanced metronome settings, including/adjustable pitch/volume for metronome click and alternative click samples.
- Alternative PPQ (bars+beats) linear view in project window.
- Optional position display for selection tool.
- Expand/collapse Inspector section s by clicking on entire title bar.
- Content indicator for Inspector Notepad.
- External FX plugins allow integration of external hardware signal processors into the VST mixer as insert or send effects.
- New MIDI Plugin: Context Gate.
- New MIDI Plugin: Arpache SX.
- Dummy plugin for freeze (replaces missing plugins when projects are transferred to other systems).
MIDI & Music:
- MIDI Device Maps and Panels give access to external MIDI equipment (synthesizers, signal processors, digital mixers, etc.).
- User Panel for Track Inspector allows access to sections of Device Panels or specially designed user panels.
- User-definable channel strip in VST mixer as part of Device Panel integration.
- Integration of Yamaha Studio Manager 2 (Studio Connections open standard) to access compatible hardware editors, edit and manage devices, and save/recall settings with Cubase SX projects (Tot al Recall).
- Quantizing MIDI can move associated controller events.
- MTC Loop sends continuous MTC timecode from seq. timecode when sequencer loops, jumps, locates, etc. (user preference).
- MMC Machine Control Panel allows transport control and track arming of external MIDI devices.
- New Synchronization Setup Dialog organizes all related parameters in a new and more intuitive way.
- Improved slurs (insert, move, edit, delete).
- User symbols; custom created symbols can be created and edited.
- Playback of the form; repeat marks, endings, da capo, etc. are played back properly.
- Improved text import; import blocks of text, in *.txt or *.rtf format.
- New comma nd "set cursor to selection end".
- Marker window now offers sortable columns.
- Quick assign of multiple inputs or outputs of a channel to one input or output.
- Quick assign for incrementing input or output of objects for multiple channels.
- Grid Match color option for MIDI events.
- Option to open plug-in GUI directly from the plug-in information window.
- Maximize button for video window expands window to full screen.
- Key commands for the inspector sections expand or collapse respective sections.
- 64-Bit compatible with upcoming Windows XP 64-Bit Edition; supports up to 4 GB of RAM.
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1