- Extended Freeze for VST instruments offers more options for freezing VSTi's and VSTi channels.
- Freeze for Audio Channels to reduce CPU load by audio insert plugins.
- Dummy Plugin replaces missing plugins when transferring projects to another system; thereby preserving the original plugin when moving back to the original system.
- Glide return-time on touch fader automation.
- Play Order Track for intuitive arranging and re-arranging of projects.
- Volume envelope for parts offers automation of volume that moves with the part.
- Audition channel creates separate monitor bus for scrubbing, preview and editing audio.
- AUX send panners linked to channel panners facilitates surround mixing.
- Option to route send busses of FX return channel to any output channels.
Files and Formats (Import and Export):
- Import / export markers with Standard MIDI File.
- Improved Drag & Drop for Standard MIDI Files into project window.
- Import/Export selected tracks from/to OMF.
- OMF: Option to export clip names.
Recording and playback:
- Adjustable audio pre-record up to 10 minutes serves as a virtual audio sketch pad; audio clips can be expanded at the event start to reveal pre-recorded data.
- Improved scrubbing.
- New project start time options: keeps events absolute or relative to project start time.
- Audition option during export.
- Post-Record cleanup aft er MIDI recording (resets pitch bend, sustain and other controllers).
- Audio Warp realtime algorithm supports realtime time stretching and pitch shifting on individual or all clips.
- Time-Warp content tool allows for manual audio warping of individual clips.
- Hitpoint/loop rhythm info improvements.
- Improved Hitpoint Detection.
- Tempo processing for fast and accurate tempo operations based on the project’s tempo track.
- In Place Editor puts the key editor directly on the project page and allows for MIDI event editing (notes and controllers) in context with other tracks and track types.
- Relative snapping of objects: parts keep their relative start position when moved by snap values.
- Audio feedback for velocity changes in controller lanes.
- Key commands to recall logical editor presets.
- Key commands to recall controller lane setups.
- MIDI Controller input for controller lane editing.
- MIDI controller input for data in Info-Line.
- Moving sync -point shows timecode indicator.
- Select tool automatically changes to pencil tool when moving mouse pointer to a velocity MIDI controller lane.
- Color coding for all tracks and mixer channels, including a new color tool, expanded color palette, view/hide button and more.
- Child bussed for VST group/fx busses facilitate signal routing in multi-channel applications.
- Alternative audio waveform visualization improves visibility of dynamics/loudness at small track heights.
- Performance Optimization (general and processor-specific).
- Apple G5 and Intel P4 (Prescott) Optimization.
- Workspaces for managing window sets or entire desktops.
- Advanced metronome settings, including/adjustable pitch/volume for metronome click and alternative click samples.
- Alternative PPQ (bars+beats) linear view in project window.
- Optional position display for selection tool.
- Expand/collapse Inspector section s by clicking on entire title bar.
- Content indicator for Inspector Notepad.
- External FX plugins allow integration of external hardware signal processors into the VST mixer as insert or send effects.
- New MIDI Plugin: Context Gate.
- New MIDI Plugin: Arpache SX.
- Dummy plugin for freeze (replaces missing plugins when projects are transferred to other systems).
MIDI & Music:
- MIDI Device Maps and Panels give access to external MIDI equipment (synthesizers, signal processors, digital mixers, etc.).
- User Panel for Track Inspector allows access to sections of Device Panels or specially designed user panels.
- User-definable channel strip in VST mixer as part of Device Panel integration.
- Integration of Yamaha Studio Manager 2 (Studio Connections open standard) to access compatible hardware editors, edit and manage devices, and save/recall settings with Cubase SX projects (Tot al Recall).
- Quantizing MIDI can move associated controller events.
- MTC Loop sends continuous MTC timecode from seq. timecode when sequencer loops, jumps, locates, etc. (user preference).
- MMC Machine Control Panel allows transport control and track arming of external MIDI devices.
- New Synchronization Setup Dialog organizes all related parameters in a new and more intuitive way.
- Improved slurs (insert, move, edit, delete).
- User symbols; custom created symbols can be created and edited.
- Playback of the form; repeat marks, endings, da capo, etc. are played back properly.
- Improved text import; import blocks of text, in *.txt or *.rtf format.
- New comma nd "set cursor to selection end".
- Marker window now offers sortable columns.
- Quick assign of multiple inputs or outputs of a channel to one input or output.
- Quick assign for incrementing input or output of objects for multiple channels.
- Grid Match color option for MIDI events.
- Option to open plug-in GUI directly from the plug-in information window.
- Maximize button for video window expands window to full screen.
- Key commands for the inspector sections expand or collapse respective sections.
- 64-Bit compatible with upcoming Windows XP 64-Bit Edition; supports up to 4 GB of RAM.