25th March 2004
Remote controller (Yamaha DM2000v2/01x, Steinberg Houston/ID, Mackie HUI/Control, Radikal SAC-2K, CM Motormix):
- Unused motor fader are moved to lowest position.
- Added "Hold" mode for buttons: Shortly pressing a button toggles it, holding it but pressed longer will turn off the parameter when releasing the button.
- MIDI Parts play out of time if they were copied where subtle tempo changes are present.
- It was not possible to copy and paste events in the tempo track.
- MIDI part overlap problem when copying into tempo altered position in project.
- Copy/Move multiple parts (ppq) with tempo track active: Parts may be placed at wrong destinations if you move/copy them.
- Mac: Importing files bigger than 2GB not possible.
- Copy / Paste between INPUT CHANNELS und AUDIO CHANNELS results in crash.
- Midex users can make use of the "ignoreportfilter" option now (if the system suffers from the 'early MIDI notes' issue).
- Mac: improved OMF compatibility.
- Some macros do not work as expected.
- Sometimes wrong audio is played if clips are layered.
- On Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) some buttons disappear.
- Mac: Certain USB audio interfaces (e.g. Emagic A 26/62) problems.
- Mac: Improved plug and play detection of USB and Firewire audio interfaces.
- Under certain circumstances it is possible that on "empty trash" (pool) the application crashes.
- Score Editor crash: Pressing [CTRL] for note-symbol-pop-up menu.
- UV22 Plugin can crash if it is inserted in a mono audio channel (Mac only).
- Crash in List Editor if Length and Data2 values are altered using the [Alt]-Click method.
- Problem when multiple Plugin windows are open and some of them have "Always on Top" status.
- Status is altered after saving the project. Can also cause a lockup (freeze).
- Crash if a PC made project that contains frozen VST Instruments is loaded on a Mac and vice versa.
- Link/unlink faders does not work when mixer is set to always on top.
- Switching between different Stereo Pan modes does not work correctly. One side of the stereo channel may get muted.
- Score: Using function "Blocktext" in the layout modus causes exception.
- When several sample editors are open and you edit at one a sample it may happen that all sample editors show the same sample.
- Use the range selection tool in the part editor when multiple lanes are available It does not highlight the selection correctly, instead all lanes are highlighted.
- Part editor: Copy a marked selection to new lane is not possible.
- Using track delay feature causes actual audio events to be shifted on the arrange window.
- The undo history may get messed up if you use macros.
- Under certain circumstances it may happen that removing DC offset with lots of events selected crashes the application.
- In some cases it may happen that importing marker track crashes application.
- Under certain circumstances it may happen that automation is not followed correctly when cycling.
- DirectX plugins memory issues have been improved by better memory managing.
- A crash may occur when multiple projects are open and you are closing a project with opened plugin editor.
- Remote DM 2000: several bugs have been fixed.
- Remote Roland MCR-8: Crash when Roland MCR-8 remote is active in device setup.
- When big latency buffer size is set it may happen that samples are missed in audio export which are locate at position 00:00:00:00.
- WMA - Export with lossless Mode has been fixed.
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
26 Jul 2013 Steinberg releases HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2
26 Jun 2013 Steinberg releases Cubase Elements 7
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1