25th March 2004
Remote controller (Yamaha DM2000v2/01x, Steinberg Houston/ID, Mackie HUI/Control, Radikal SAC-2K, CM Motormix):
- Unused motor fader are moved to lowest position.
- Added "Hold" mode for buttons: Shortly pressing a button toggles it, holding it but pressed longer will turn off the parameter when releasing the button.
- MIDI Parts play out of time if they were copied where subtle tempo changes are present.
- It was not possible to copy and paste events in the tempo track.
- MIDI part overlap problem when copying into tempo altered position in project.
- Copy/Move multiple parts (ppq) with tempo track active: Parts may be placed at wrong destinations if you move/copy them.
- Mac: Importing files bigger than 2GB not possible.
- Copy / Paste between INPUT CHANNELS und AUDIO CHANNELS results in crash.
- Midex users can make use of the "ignoreportfilter" option now (if the system suffers from the 'early MIDI notes' issue).
- Mac: improved OMF compatibility.
- Some macros do not work as expected.
- Sometimes wrong audio is played if clips are layered.
- On Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) some buttons disappear.
- Mac: Certain USB audio interfaces (e.g. Emagic A 26/62) problems.
- Mac: Improved plug and play detection of USB and Firewire audio interfaces.
- Under certain circumstances it is possible that on "empty trash" (pool) the application crashes.
- Score Editor crash: Pressing [CTRL] for note-symbol-pop-up menu.
- UV22 Plugin can crash if it is inserted in a mono audio channel (Mac only).
- Crash in List Editor if Length and Data2 values are altered using the [Alt]-Click method.
- Problem when multiple Plugin windows are open and some of them have "Always on Top" status.
- Status is altered after saving the project. Can also cause a lockup (freeze).
- Crash if a PC made project that contains frozen VST Instruments is loaded on a Mac and vice versa.
- Link/unlink faders does not work when mixer is set to always on top.
- Switching between different Stereo Pan modes does not work correctly. One side of the stereo channel may get muted.
- Score: Using function "Blocktext" in the layout modus causes exception.
- When several sample editors are open and you edit at one a sample it may happen that all sample editors show the same sample.
- Use the range selection tool in the part editor when multiple lanes are available It does not highlight the selection correctly, instead all lanes are highlighted.
- Part editor: Copy a marked selection to new lane is not possible.
- Using track delay feature causes actual audio events to be shifted on the arrange window.
- The undo history may get messed up if you use macros.
- Under certain circumstances it may happen that removing DC offset with lots of events selected crashes the application.
- In some cases it may happen that importing marker track crashes application.
- Under certain circumstances it may happen that automation is not followed correctly when cycling.
- DirectX plugins memory issues have been improved by better memory managing.
- A crash may occur when multiple projects are open and you are closing a project with opened plugin editor.
- Remote DM 2000: several bugs have been fixed.
- Remote Roland MCR-8: Crash when Roland MCR-8 remote is active in device setup.
- When big latency buffer size is set it may happen that samples are missed in audio export which are locate at position 00:00:00:00.
- WMA - Export with lossless Mode has been fixed.
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3
10 Apr 2013 Steinberg offers 50% Off RND Portico Plug-ins
09 Apr 2013 Steinberg releases Nuendo 6 (6.0.3 available)
18 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubasis for iPad
05 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Nuendo 6
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1