22nd June 2004
The next generation of HALion offers a raft of new technologies and features including RAMSave, a new memory-saving technology developed to aid working with large sample sets. The new user interface has been redesigned to make HALion 3 more flexible and user-friendly than ever before, while the new sound management tools make file handling in HALion even easier. The list of HALion import formats has grown with the release of version 3, which now also includes the Kontakt and Kurzweil formats. Rounding off the new functionality are flexible new routing features and 27 new effects.
- New file browser with drag and drop support, favourites system, sound categorization and database indexing. An set of powerful new sound management tools gives you a clear overview over all your sound files. The intuitive sound categories system lets you group related sounds, making it easy to find them quickly.
- New Insert and Send Effects section. 27 effects encompass just about any effect requirement. They can be applied to individual samples, sample groups or entire programs. Effect sends can be sent to HALion's internal FX section or even directly to the VST mixer to share plug-in resources between the host and HALion.
- HALion 3 now offers RAMSave, a new feature created to keep in check the RAM resources needed by even the most extensive sample instruments, resulting in low RAM usage and faster project load and save times, a boon for pro users using large, intricate sampled instruments such as big orchestral patches or large drum kits.
- Alternate mode - adds a range of functions, including playing a different sample with each new Note On message, introducing more spontaneity and feeling, especially useful for realistic drum-sounds or string bow up/down action.
- Even more file formats - HALion 3 adds support for Kurzweil and Kontakt sounds as well as for the Zero-X BeatCreator and BeatQuantizer Groove-Slice formats.
- Sleek and clean user interface: HALion explains its intuitive GUI with the new and improved ToolTip Help. Presets let you recall frequently used settings for envelopes, modulations and FX. Many views can be opened in separate windows.
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
26 Jul 2013 Steinberg releases HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2
26 Jun 2013 Steinberg releases Cubase Elements 7
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3
10 Oct 2013 Loopmasters release "Deep Groove House Vol.2"
25 Sep 2013 Loopmasters release Kasra "Critical DnB" Vol.2
15 Apr 2013 Detunized introduces Universal Formats
11 Mar 2013 Thaloops Releases 'Piano Shots 1' Piano Samples
06 Mar 2013 Zero-G releases "Vocal Lix" sample library