29th December 2004
New features are listed below; for a complete list of changes please read the extensive version history (PDF).
Q-Controls: adds 8 macro controls that can be assigned to almost any HALion parameter (including HALion FX parameters). Usually Q-Controls are located on the Macro Page but they can be opened in a detached window from the Sound page/ Modulation view also. Q-controls can be remote controlled via MIDI -> setup on Options Page -> Controller List.
- Added a Global Tempo/Signature edit field.
- Added Load/Save of Program and bank.
- Optimized for playback performance.
- Category indexation is cached now.
- Support of files bigger than 2GB.
- Icons available.
- Display Decide-Box when writing a HSB-File with Samples of another HSB-File.
- Display Decide-Box before overwriting a HSB-File.
- Samples and fxp files inside HSB files can be updated by placing the new files with same name and folder structure on the same level in the file-system like the HSB file, see manual for details.
- The "HALion Content" view in the Browser can now be switched to "Show categories" for displaying all installed HSB Content sorted by Category.
- Autobrowse has better user feedback now.
- Autobrowse toggle on/off: three additional Quick Favourite Locations are available in Auto Browse Mode.
- Add Repair Fxp Files: fixes import problems with OS9 created fxps and assign a new sample path for missing samples.
- Added a play button on the separate browser window of HALion.
- Added a Key command for browser import button.
- Multi selection of fxps in the left column is now allowed.
- HALion content folder is now visible in Autobrowse mode, too.
- Updated category list.
- Added Lock button in Keyzone editor.
- Added Context menu: add Load all samples.
- Added Context menu: add Unload all samples.
- Added Sample Mapping by extracting note number in filename.
- Improved info text while moving mouse on keyzone.
- Added Key Command (default P) to Play selected Sample.
- Added folder per sample.
- Added clear a key via Context Menu on the virtual keyboard.
- Sample range draggable.
- Sample range fixed or slide relative to sample start.
Program List View:
- Added numeration of the program list on the Global Slots.
- Better handling of Drag&Drop from Browser (merge or replace mode).
- Added 'Unload'/'Load' for all selected samples.
- Added PAN as a MIDI CC destination.
- Added learn mode for MIDI CC.
- Added Volume Sensitivity parameter.
- Added Memory meter (for Virtual and Physical).