Steinberg have a teaser for Hypersonic on their website, apparently it is "The ultimate virtual music workstation". Hypersonic is described as "a compositional workhorse and an expandable, high performance sample player / synthesiser".
Hypersonic will be available for Windows and Mac OS X as a VSTi and AudioUnit for 399 Euros.
- Multi-timbral, multi-synthesis, super-polyphonic workstation with integrated effect and mixing capabilities.
- 1000 preset patches, 100 combis, 70 drumkits, 2560 user programs.
- Easy and powerful macro editing (hyper knobs) and large, comfortable user interface.
- 5 Synthesis Engines: Multisample, Virtual Analogue Synthesis, FM Synthesis, Wavetable, Sliced Wave Loop Synthesis.
- Wave ROM featuring more than 400 multi-sampled waveforms, optimised to 260 MB size (linear: 600MB) for extremely low RAM usage and fast patch loading/switching.
- Proprietary wave optimisation saving up to 66% CPU load resp. RAM/Disk space.
- Professional, uncompromised audio quality.
- 16x Multi-timbral, integrated audio and MIDI mixers.
- Polyphony: up to 1024 voices per instance.
- Expansion bay with 5 slots for future synth engine or library expansions (Hyper Modules).
- Integrated database for quick and effective name, attribute and category search.
- Up to 16 pre-programmed plus 4 user-editable effects per patch, 4 main FX, 40 algorithms of all types.
- Max. 32 output channels, configurable (Quad, Stereo, Mono).
- Built in Arpeggiator, extensive real time (MIDI) control, fully tempo-syncable LFOs/Effects.