16th December 2004
Top new features of Nuendo 3:
- Import and Export of AAF (Advanced Authoring Format) integrates the most modern project interchange format which is supported by companies such as AVID, Apple, Digidesign, SADiE, Merging, Fairlight and Adobe.
- The improved Media Management tools include user definable Event Attributes and Extended Search functions enabling the user to setup and search his own audio databases; the convenient Renaming functionality allows for comfortable and quick renaming of multiple clips, regions and events.
- The new Warp to Picture feature allows lightning-fast matching of audio to picture, such as fine tuning of dialog replacement or aligning music to picture.
- Seamless integration of Pinnacle Liquid video editing technology through X-Send project import from Liquid video editing applications.
- New AFL/PFL functionality: pressing the L (Listen) button on any channel enables you to exclusively monitor channel signal on the audition bus with routing and the output to your mix bus remaining untouched.
- A Pull up/down 0.1% option is included in the QuickTime video player as well as the new DirectX player for adjustable speed of the video playback, allowing video files that have passed an NTSC Telecine process to be readjusted to match the original audio recordings.
- External FX plug-ins: Nuendo 3 offers direct integration of external hardware effects processors into the VST audio mixer, allowing you to use your favorite outboard gear just like plug-ins – including delay compensation.
- MixConvert is a plug-in capable of translating from one surround format to another, all down-, cross- or even up-mixing is done automatically by MixConvert still leaving user options to optimize the new mix.
- New event-based Volume Envelopes for direct control of dynamics: these new event-based envelopes make level editing even easier than before.
- New MIDI Device Panels grant direct access to external MIDI hardware, allowing you to import VST Mixer Maps or create your own editing panels with direct access from the Track Inspector or the mixer’s channel strip.
- Integration of Studio Connections protocol developed with Yamaha allows for total recall of supported external devices such as mixers, audio interfaces or effect processors.
Prices and availability (subject to regional variations)
- Nuendo 3.0 Full Version SRP US$2499
- Nuendo 3.0 Update from Nuendo 1.x SRP US$699
- Nuendo 3.0 Update from Nuendo 2.x SRP US$499
Special Update Offer - ends 31st January, 2005:
- Nuendo 3.0 Update from Nuendo 1.x SRP US$419
- Nuendo 3.0 Update from Nuendo 2.x SRP US$299
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3
10 Apr 2013 Steinberg offers 50% Off RND Portico Plug-ins
09 Apr 2013 Steinberg releases Nuendo 6 (6.0.3 available)
18 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubasis for iPad
05 Dec 2012 Steinberg releases Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Nuendo 6
14 Nov 2012 Steinberg announces Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7
03 Jun 2008 Native Instruments launches 'Komplete Your DAW'
17 Jan 2008 Solid State Logic releases Pro-Convert
05 Oct 2007 Cakewalk announces Sonar 7 Crossgrade Pricing