Steinberg has announced the release of a new entry-level music production workstation: Cubase SE. Cubase SE includes Steinberg's music production technology from its premiere Cubase SX product, yet offers a compact feature set ideal for beginners and educational use. Cubase SE is shipping now, retailing at an MSRP of €149 and is fully upgradeable to higher versions of Cubase.
Cubase SE first appeared as part of Steinberg's Studio Case package, and has now been released as a full, stand alone Steinberg product. Aimed squarely at newcomers to digital music production as well as the education market, this SE version makes Steinberg's professional audio technologies available to those on a smaller budget.
Cubase SE Features:
- 48 audio tracks with unlimited MIDI tracks.
- Professional 24-bit/96 kHz audio resolution.
- Mac/PC cross-platform compatible.
- VST System Link and ReWire 2 compatible.
- Includes complete set of audio and midi effects plugins.
- Supports up to 16 VST instruments.
- Offers up to 5 insert effects per channel plus 8 send effects.
- Compatible with hundreds of VST professional instruments and effects.
- Cubase SE offers the same advanced user interface and functionality as Cubase SL/SX and is fully upwards compatible.