21st February 2007
Steinberg Media Technologies has announced distribution of a new mixing tutorial DVD-ROM series that supports users of DAW applications in creating powerful, balanced mixes using advanced software tools. Filmed in HD quality, the two-part Internal Mixing series provides a total of 340 minutes of advice and tips on all aspects of mixing using Steinberg's Cubase and Nuendo applications, and includes English, German, French and Spanish soundtracks.
Contents Vol. I (running Time 160 mins):
- Defining the objective of the mix.
- The three dimensions.
- Tips for delivering the mix master to the mastering studio.
- More bits sound better!
- The systematic approach – clarity and a good workflow for the mix.
- Working with groups.
- Compressing groups to save CPU and increase sound power.
- EQing groups to save resources and create "space".
- Handling groups: What do I control via groups, and what via tracks?
- Workflow overview.
- Summary of panning rules.
- Preventing phase interference.
- Breakdown of the frequency bands and their principle zones.
- Mixing a tight bass range.
- EQ basic rules.
- Common basic parameters of compressors and their use.
Contents Vol. II (running Time 180 mins):
- Exercises with compressors.
- Layering with reverb and delay.
- Native and DSP-aided reverb devices.
- Pre-delay as a design component.
- EQing in reverb return as a design component.
- Layering strategies.
- Pre-fader or post-fader?
- How many reverb devices do you need? Planning depth design.
- Additional aspect: Design and the use of Mute and Special FX.
- Processing single instruments.
- Microphone tracks.
- Refining loops (doubling, gating, compressing, reverbing).
- Exercise in editing loops.
- EQing and compressing vocals.
- Special aspects concerning choruses.
Internal Mixing appears in two volumes, costing €49 each, and are available now.
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1