Version 3.2 offers a complex yet flexible new bus system that allows separate mixes to be created for headphones, control room and up to four studios. The Nuendo 3.2 Control Room features are augmented by a range of other capabilities indispensable in professional studio work. Monitoring setup selection including Foldback, external audio source handling and up to four separate studio mixes with integrated Talkback are among the new features that offer flexibility for engineers and producers working in a software-based production environment.
Nuendo 3.2 also offers even tighter integration and enhanced functionality with hardware control surfaces. All the Control Functions now available in Nuendo 3.2 are mirrored in hardware in the WK Audio ID Controller, a dedicated Nuendo control surface co-engineered by Steinberg. Nuendo 3.2 also enhances support for the Euphonix MC and System-5 MC control surfaces.
The following new features have been added in Nuendo 3.2:
- Separate output busses for Main Mix, Control Room and Headphone.
- Up to four user specific Monitor Setups.
- Fold down functionality.
- Speaker Solo functionality.
- Up to six External Return Inputs.
- Up to four separate Studios.
- Studio sends in mixer.
- Talkback functionality.
- A separate “Click Bus”.
- Quick assign of level/pan from main mix to studio sends.
- Automatic and manual Dim.
- Support for new EuCon adapter with dual automated joysticks integration.
- Support for Control Room section on WK Audio ID.
- Nuendo under OSX: Support for WK Audio ID.
- Metering Fallback Time calculation changed to dB relative mode.
- User definable metering fall back time.
- Better quality of Sample Rate Conversion.
- Switchable Normalization mode for MixConverter.
- Always on Top options for VST Connections and VST Plugin Info windows.
- Preference for video import: Extracting audio.
- Preference for video import: Thumbnail Cache.
- Preference for linking Send Routing panners to Channel panner.