6th November 2007
Steinberg has released free version 6.1 updates for WaveLab 6 and WaveLab Studio 6. These updates feature a new internet publishing toolkit, including full support for the RSS 2.0 standard, integrated FTP client and a range of easy-to-use templates.
WaveLab 6.1 changes
- Podcast creator. This is a rather large feature, please refer to the addendum documentation.
- Better optimizations for Intel Core 2 Duo processors.
- Batch processor: new « Audio Injector » plugin. This plugin allows to insert an audio file before or/and after the files to process, with an optional cross-fade process. The file(s) to inject must have the same number of channels and sample rates as the source files, and must not be longer that 60 seconds.
- Batch processor: new « Trimmer » plugin. This plugin allows to cut a specific time at the head or/and tail of the audio file. It can be useful when combined with the Silence plugins, Fade-in/out plugins, and reverb-like plugins.
- Waves VST plugins are now supported from the Master Section (must be using the latest VST shell).
- Audio Montage: it is now possible to navigate in the zoom/cursor/scroll history using the more standard key shortcuts Alt+Left/Right arrow keys. Some extended keyboards have dedicated keys for this. Same thing for mouse Back/Forward buttons (mouses with 2 additional buttons on the side). In other words, it is possible to navigate in the zoom/cursor/scroll history using the same shortcuts as e.g. in Microsoft internet explorer.
- Audio Montage: better display when using Control + left/right arrow (allow to navigate from clip boundary to clip boundary).
- Audio Montage / Wave : Key shortcut added for « Move edit cursor to position... » : < ! >
- Key shortcut added for « Live input... » : < Control + Shift + I >
- Crytal Resampler: bug fix and slightly improved quality in « Ultra » mode.
- Burning an Audio Montage using Track effects, and with the option « Render to temporary file before burning », had for effect to apply the track effects twice.
- CD-Text issue fixed.
- When moving a Xfade left and right, the volume envelope points don't move anymore.
- Improved look and installation under Vista.
- Problem fixed with some plugins used with a mono file.
- Audio CD grabbing: the last audio track of a CD-Extra could not be grabbed and its length was wrongly displayed.
- Opening the Live Input window while a meter window was open, caused a crash.
- Recording audio to a mono track of an Audio Montage, was systematically adding a new track to the montage.
- Fixed problem that could happen when exporting text in Excel format (e.g. Clip list)
- Audio Montage: playback can now start even if some audio peak files are being built.
- Improved compatibility when saving « ulaw » and « alaw » audio files with a WAV file header.
- In the montage "Files" tab, the file date's day and month were exchanged.
- It was not possible to erase a Montage track name.
- Batch renaming of clips and markers: the initial value of the « counter » procedure was ignored.
- Useless peak files with a null size could sometimes be created for some audio files.
- Auto Split: useless audio files with a null size could be created, in certain cases.
- Master Section slot key commands above 3 where not selectable.
- Auto Split: in mode « Cut Head and Tail », the option « Insert silence at start or end » was ignored.
- Silence plugin: (batch processor). The plugin works nice correctly.
- Loudness distribution: the dB value displayed at the mouse cursor position, did not take into account the AES17 preference.
- Opening a copy of an Audio Montage, would change the date of the original montage.
- Audio file path is now remembered when opening an audio file as a montage.
- Audio Montage: saving a clip will now always set the right file extension (« clip »).
- Audio Montage: the colour condition feature was not working.
- Other minor problems.
The update is available now to all registered WaveLab 6 and WaveLab Studio 6 users.
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2