3rd November 2006
Steinberg Media Technologies has announced that its new WaveLab Studio 6 editing and mastering application is now shipping to resellers worldwide.
WaveLab Studio 6 combines audio technology from WaveLab 6 with a streamlined workflow and a full complement of editing and mastering features targeted at project studios and aspiring musicians. It includes the same sample accurate 32-bit audio engine and a wide range of advanced tools from WaveLab 6.
- Sample accurate audio editor with audio processing at up to 192 kHz and 32 bit floating point resolution.
- Stereo and multi-channel non-destructive editing with versatile clip grouping over multiple lanes.
- Video track for sample accurate alignment of audio and video.
- Real-time engine with integration of clip-based, track-based and global effect plug-ins.
- Superior audio processors including DIRAC time stretch and pitch shift algorithms.
- "State-of-the-art" audio plug-ins for EQ, Resampling, Declicking, Denoising and many more.
- Redbook compatible PQ editing including Audio-in-Pause, CD-Text and track sheet export.
- Extended audio file handling and manipulation system including files sizes > 2 GB.
- Sonogram-style Spectrum View for quick overview of the frequency structure of the audio file with simultaneous aligned use of Wave- and Spectrum View.
- Versatile batch processing and scripting features.
- VST and DX plug-in support.
A full feature comparison showing the differences between Wavelab 6 and WaveLab Studio 6 is available here.
WaveLab Studio 6 is now shipping worldwide and will retail at €299 (SRP includes 16% VAT. Prices subject to regional variations).
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
26 Jul 2013 Steinberg releases HALion 5 and HALion Sonic 2
26 Jun 2013 Steinberg releases Cubase Elements 7
17 Apr 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iPad to v1.3