9th November 2010
Steinberg has released the free 5.5.2 maintenance update for Cubase 5.5 and Cubase Studio 5.5. Featuring over 20 bug fixes and enhancements, this update addresses problems involving the VST Bridge, VariAudio and the MediaBay among others.
The following issues have been fixed in version 5.5.2:
- Input Gain Automation did not work.
- Potential crash when adjusting VariAudio pitch/warp fixed.
- VariAudio: Scissors Tool was not always accessible.
- Several potential crashes fixed for editing operations.
- Crash when invalid MIDI data were received fixed.
- Tempo changes caused MIDI events to be copied / pasted to wrong positions.
- Zooming speed improved.
- Program sometimes hung when items were renamed.
- Improved compatibility for the VST Bridge when using Delphi-compiled plug-ins, e.g. from Image Line with Cubase 64-bit.
- MIDI tracks were also affected when an audio tracks was disabled.
- Several potential crashes fixed involving the Crossfade editor.
- Editing a large number of events simultaneously works more responsive now.
- Several potential crashes fixed when working with the Group/Ungroup function.
- MIDI Echo plug-in: Numeric parameter values were not visible.
- Track Presets did not work in projects accessing more than 2 GB RAM on 64 bit systems.
- MediaBay scanning improved.
- Wrong MIDI Pan value was sent.
- Several potential crashes in Score Editor fixed.
- MediaBay scanning prevented Autosave to be executed.
- Panning mono channels reacted slow on clicking.
- "Convert Program List To VST Presets" menu entry was missing for some plug-ins.
- Some VST2 32bits plugin not recognized under 64 bit version.
- Fixed a crash involving NI Reaktor 5.