2nd March 2007
Steinberg has updated Cubase to v188.8.131.523.
The following issues have been fixed in version 4.0.2:
- Roomworks: After a while the plug-in may begin to produce extremely loud digital noise.
- VSTi Track Freeze: HALion Symphonic Orchestra's (looped drum roll) will not be looped after freezing.
- Output metering of all Plug-ins incorrect.
- Audio Warp: Severe disc performance problems in C4.
- CD Import doesn't work with some DVD drives.
- Grungelizer stops working after bypass - activate.
- MediaBay Scope: new implemented Follow Tempo handler doesn't work.
- Select Velocity Stems in Edit-In-Place causes hung note.
- Stuttering Cursor = MIDI Plug-in Problems.
- Offline Process History (using plug-ins): uninvolved process steps get modified if a previous step is being changed.
- [HALionOne]: Sound "T8 Analog Kit" in the Studio Bank comprised endless loops.
- [HALionOne] CPU Performance.
- DoubleDelay (and other) settings lost from SX3 project loaded in C4.
- Extract MIDI automation does not delete CCs from part.
- Project incompatibility: Nuendo 3 project can not be loaded into Cubase 4.
- Crash when removing/adding input channel.
- Once delete External Instrument, SM2 editor never come again. (VstOpExternalEffect is not deleted).
- Input transformer bug with instrument tracks: duplicate track / save & reload project.
- Open inplace editor creates defective track presets.
- SCORE: Crash changing note length.
- No audio and serious error on insert bypass/activate.
- Yamaha DSP Factory - support only partially removed.
- MediaBay crashes Cubase when scanning v1.0 and 1.1 ID3 tagged mp3 files.
- Mixer: "Load All Mixer Settings" seriously broken.
- Retrospective Record: Looks partially broken compared to SX3.
- Re-routing channels takes too long ("Unresponsiveness").
- SynthEngine sounds different on Intel and PPC.
- Mac: Text entry of VST3 automation data in Info line=crash!.
- Crash on showing effect editor after second apply of track preset on audio track.
- MIDI Track FX and Modifiers do not work.
- [HALionOne] content in Cubase 4.01 installer: GmDrumSet 1 not registered on Win.
- "An error occurred during mixdown" if exported sample rate is unequal project sample rate.
- Media Bay can't find files using 2-byte characters on Japanese OS.
- Rotary - Speed parameter doesn't work correctly after loading of preset.
- Copying mixer channel settings does not work properly.
- Score: Workspace crash.
- Audio buffer down-switch causes freeze.
- Audio recording while the audio editor of the same track is open causes poof.
- AmpSimulator: Using 96kHz projects possibly creates artefacts.
- Cubase Studio 4: Fewer output-channel insert slots as specified!.
- Cubase will "unexpectedly quit" after scrolling to a track that is a part of a collapsed track folder.
- N.I.'s Vokator seen as mono in/stereo out.
- Unfreeze and unload VSTi will be reload when closing the project.
- Mackie Control: Not possible to load VST-Instruments via MC.
- Can't open QT screen on Japanese system.
- Changing ModMachine Rate during playback produces artefacts.
- Loading a VSTi removes Houston from Remote Devices List.
- MPEX Time stretching: crash by changing ratio during preview.
- Yamaha 01X / Mackie Control paging not possible.
- Upgrading from Cubase Mac PPC to Cubase Intel Mac might result in program freeze on startup.
- HALionOne tuning and loop problems in several sounds.
Read the full known issues file (PDF).
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
03 Sep 2013 Steinberg ends development of VST 2
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1