12th December 2009
Steinberg has updated Cubase to v5.1.1. This update features improvements in the following areas:
Operating System Compatibility:
- Version 5.1.1 is now compatible with Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) and Microsoft Windows 7.
eLicenser Control Center:
- Version 5.1.1 includes the new eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) which replaces the former License Control Center (LCC).
- All Cubase retail versions now include a new Project Assistant.
- The "Save as Template…" window has been redesigned for tagging Project Templates with attributes.
- In the Browser section of the MediaBay, a new entry for Project Templates appears in the VST Sound node. Attributes of Project Templates can be modified there using the Tag Editor (Cubase only).
- A complete new set of Project Templates is included and replaces all previous factory templates.
- For further details working with the Project Assistant please consult the separately available "New Features" PDF document.
- The AmpSimulator plug-in has a new look and feel.
- All Jog/Scrub features known from Cubase 5 are now also available in Cubase Studio 5.
- The Jog/Scrub wheel can be invoked by activating it from the Transport Panel context menu.
- Related Key Commands can be assigned in the Transport section of the "Key Commands" window.
- Jog/Scrub can be used from remote control devices.
The following issues have been fixed in version 5.1.1:
- Fixed a Score Editor issue with Copy & Paste from clipboard not working.
- Fixed a problem with Templates not found in user location.
- Fixed a problem with MediaBay previewer playing MIDI Loops from e.g. VST Sound Instrument Set "Synthesizers".
- Fixed a Score Editor issue with broken block text.
- Improved VST3 plug-in scanning time at start-up.
- Fixed an issue on Mac OS X Snow Leopard with wrongly positioned menus and dialogs.
- Fixed an issue with East West Wordbuilder plug-in not working.
- Fixed an issue on Mac OS X Snow Leopard with graphical glitches in Score Editor.
- Fixed an issue where VSTi channel faders appeared with transparent fader caps.
- Fixed an issue with PitchCorrect plug-in not working correctly when using sample-rates other than 44.1kHz.
- Fixed various redraw issues.