12th December 2009
Steinberg has updated Cubase to v5.1.1. This update features improvements in the following areas:
Operating System Compatibility:
- Version 5.1.1 is now compatible with Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) and Microsoft Windows 7.
eLicenser Control Center:
- Version 5.1.1 includes the new eLicenser Control Center (eLCC) which replaces the former License Control Center (LCC).
- All Cubase retail versions now include a new Project Assistant.
- The "Save as Template…" window has been redesigned for tagging Project Templates with attributes.
- In the Browser section of the MediaBay, a new entry for Project Templates appears in the VST Sound node. Attributes of Project Templates can be modified there using the Tag Editor (Cubase only).
- A complete new set of Project Templates is included and replaces all previous factory templates.
- For further details working with the Project Assistant please consult the separately available "New Features" PDF document.
- The AmpSimulator plug-in has a new look and feel.
- All Jog/Scrub features known from Cubase 5 are now also available in Cubase Studio 5.
- The Jog/Scrub wheel can be invoked by activating it from the Transport Panel context menu.
- Related Key Commands can be assigned in the Transport section of the "Key Commands" window.
- Jog/Scrub can be used from remote control devices.
The following issues have been fixed in version 5.1.1:
- Fixed a Score Editor issue with Copy & Paste from clipboard not working.
- Fixed a problem with Templates not found in user location.
- Fixed a problem with MediaBay previewer playing MIDI Loops from e.g. VST Sound Instrument Set "Synthesizers".
- Fixed a Score Editor issue with broken block text.
- Improved VST3 plug-in scanning time at start-up.
- Fixed an issue on Mac OS X Snow Leopard with wrongly positioned menus and dialogs.
- Fixed an issue with East West Wordbuilder plug-in not working.
- Fixed an issue on Mac OS X Snow Leopard with graphical glitches in Score Editor.
- Fixed an issue where VSTi channel faders appeared with transparent fader caps.
- Fixed an issue with PitchCorrect plug-in not working correctly when using sample-rates other than 44.1kHz.
- Fixed various redraw issues.
12 Mar 2014 Steinberg announces WaveLab 8.5
17 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubasis to v1.7.2
06 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7.5 to v7.5.10
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Cubase 7 to v7.0.7
04 Feb 2014 Steinberg updates Nuendo to v6.0.7
21 Jan 2014 Steinberg releases Cubase iC Pro for Android
17 Dec 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.7.1
31 Oct 2013 Steinberg updates WaveLab to v8.0.3
16 Sep 2013 Steinberg updates Cubasis for iOS to v1.6
10 Feb 2014 NAMM 2014 Report - Optimism in Anaheim
17 Apr 2012 2012 Musikmesse Report - Lost in Frankfurt
19 Jan 2012 Cakewalk Announces SONAR X1 Producer Crossgrade
30 Jun 2009 ASK Video releases Cubase 5 Level 1 Tutorial DVD
27 Mar 2009 Protonfx updates Curemo for Cubase to v1.1